Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excellent condition 4 lamel genuine CLK55 grille, easy mods to fit SLK R170 with two L shaped brackets.

Lamels and star can be removed to paint fins any colour

£50 delivered (UK)

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is that a stock CLK Grille that fits into the SLK opening?
I have the same CLK grille in my garage waiting to be thrown on my R170. I can't seem to find instructions on the 'net anywhere though, it definitely requires modification to make it work. I did find it in German (I think?) here, I guess someone could be a rockstar and translate it to English... until then, I'm doomed to live with a busted grille :(

Edit: Here are the German(?) instructions

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the same CLK grille in my garage waiting to be thrown on my R170. I can't seem to find instructions on the 'net anywhere though, it definitely requires modification to make it work. I did find it in German (I think?) here, I guess someone could be a rockstar and translate it to English... until then, I'm doomed to live with a busted grille :(

Edit: Here are the German(?) instructions
Its a doddle to fit. Don't worry about cutting the bumper in the german instructions, you dont need to.

Simply cut off the two plastic knobs either end, put the L shaped brackets on, cut off as much plastic on the bottom edge and corners and you need to take alot of plastic out (about half a 5" circle) above the star on the top edge so the bonnet can close and you can get to the catch.

The first one took me an hour of fettling, (easy to take the plastic off on a bench grinder, hard work with a saw). The second one took me like 10 minutes.:rb

·
Registered
17 Posts
where to buy?

Hi,
If if find on ebay a CLK55 grill can i buy it?
Is there an specific brand or something like that?
Tks,
Ali
-----------------

Or is there a brand or spe
Excellent condition 4 lamel genuine CLK55 grille, easy mods to fit SLK R170 with two L shaped brackets.

Lamels and star can be removed to paint fins any colour

£50 delivered (UK)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.