Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this was interesting...

I drive a 10 mile commute to work. It consists of a few city streets and mainly congested, slow-moving highway traffic. Since I leave to work everyday at the same time, I've now started seeing the same people in various cars commuting to work.

Well, for several days in a row, I've run into this black CLK430 with the classic AMG upbadge. Although we drive in the same 5mph congested traffic, we never seem to make eye contact. Yet, I'm certain it's the same car / same guy.

Well, today the AMG badge has disappeared. I can't help but to wonder if he felt a little embarrased and finally decided to remove it?

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Interesting, or should I say intimidating. If he makes eye contact, you'll know.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
Actually the CLK 430 with sport package CAME WITH the ///AMG badge from the factory. Kinda hard to know which year the car was, but that was before they decided to do the CLK 55 and they felt they needed a low price AMG coupe.

BTW...that is the only model and years AMG badges was EVER fitted by the factory on a non-AMG engine car heading to the states.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
he might of learned the difference bewteen a real amg and his.

Which was just the sports package.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually the CLK 430 with sport package CAME WITH the ///AMG badge from the factory. Kinda hard to know which year the car was, but that was before they decided to do the CLK 55 and they felt they needed a low price AMG coupe.

BTW...that is the only model and years AMG badges was EVER fitted by the factory on a non-AMG engine car heading to the states.
Well, that's news to me. Thanks for the lesson.

I still wonder why he removed it then. I still say perhaps he felt he was posing.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
I think it shouldn't have come with the AMG badge. Or maybe it was one of the years which didn't come with one and he added it on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts