Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK280
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new here and have been really enjoying reading the posts here - particularly the mods! My 07 is pretty much stock except for replacing the CD changer with BT module (which I hope to dump once I get the S100 H/U).

I've seen a couple of folks replace their analog climate controls with a digital one, and I love that idea! I did that on my old Grand Cherokee a while back and would love to do it on my SLK too.

My question is, can the 07 280 be retrofitted for the digital unit and where do you acquire the unit? Is there a model number I need to look for?

Thank you!

·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
*Premium Member
2004 SLK200K
10,777 Posts
Check out this thread as well, all the part numbers etc are listed :

http://www.slkworld.com/general-mod...atronic-retrofit-digital-climate-control.html

The part numbers are the same throughout the models, just check the A/C , off button set up is the same as your original one.
If you're not sure just post a pic of your actual controls and no doubt someone will be able to help you out.

EBay's a pretty good place to start looking for the parts.

·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the info! Looks like the link I posted was the same as you did, so I was on the right track. I'm going to have to call salvage yards because a new climate control panel is $700 USD! After reading through here there are now SO many upgrades I want to do :). One thing I keep seeing is the compatibility between Pre-Facelift and Facelift models and I'm not sure which I have, is there an easy way to tell? I've searched all over on Google and nothing really jumps out at me saying how to tell the difference.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
One thing I keep seeing is the compatibility between Pre-Facelift and Facelift models and I'm not sure which I have, is there an easy way to tell? I've searched all over on Google and nothing really jumps out at me saying how to tell the difference.
There are some subtle differences, such as front bumper and wing mirrors (amongst others). Here are a couple of pictures (from Wikipedia) showing pre-facelift and facelift SLKs (non-AMG)...

Pre-facelift:

Facelift (although this is a non-USA car, as there are no front side marker lights, which all USA-spec cars have):

Note the differences in the indicators on the wing mirrors, and also the centre lower part of the front bumper.

Reactions: CO 4x4

·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for that! I assumed the mirrors had something to do with it all and you showed me that they did. I definitely have a pre-facelift then.

Reactions: dbgrn
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.