Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for clear side markers for my SLK. There are several listings on eBay but none of them seem to be compatible with my car (2010 SLK 300). Also, I'm wondering what kind of bulbs to use as well. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,909 Posts
Slkstore.com used to sell them, but they have nothing left in their "Lights" category. You could try to email them to see if they have any. The bulbs I bought for mine were from stealthauto.com (now stealthbulbs.com apparently if you don't have a BMW). That site also doesn't look in great shape though. I just got a:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function gget() in /home/multisites/multisites/pages/STB/ordering.htm on line 12

when going to the ordering page. Life is hard in the online car accessories business it would seem.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,562 Posts
Ijdmtoys for your led bulbs for the side markers

·
93,562 Posts
Lew why would they not be compatible?
Put this in google search window
mercedes slk r171 clear side markers

·
93,562 Posts
don't go by that Lew. It was explained to me that they can only get so many models in the supplied compatability charts that some model years get left out

·
93,562 Posts
Are there color restrictions or should the LEDs be white?
You have to check your states motor vehicle laws. Florida says no white in side markers so I have amber leds in my clear side markers

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay....

don't go back that Lew. It was explained to me that they can only get so many models in the supplied compatability charts that some model years get left out
Okay...so the smoked side markers are good then. Thanks.

·
93,562 Posts
I would say so. There is nothing different with fl 09-11 basically

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NC GS regarding side marker colors and one last question.

You have to check your states motor vehicle laws. Florida says no white in side markers so I have amber leds in my clear side markers
I just found this online regarding the following:
North Carolina General Statutes § 20-129.1 Additional lighting equipment required on certain vehicles:

(7) Front clearance lamps and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the front or on the side near the front of a vehicle shall display or reflect an amber color.

So amber it is.

Which specific LEDs from Ijdmtoys would you suggest, Jeff?

·
93,562 Posts

·
93,562 Posts
that link u have to bid but a search will find others with 'buy now'

1 - 14 of 14 Posts