Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! This is my first post here, but I have read a lot of topics and I find your community very helpful. I hope you are going to be able to help me.
I just bought a 2001 SLK 230 K and I want to give it a modern look. I already purchased Dectane Headlights and they totally changed the way the car looks. Now I have 3 questions for you guys:

- are there any clear (or in any other way better looking) fog lights for the facelift model?
- are there any clear (or in any other way better looking) indicators for the mirrors?
- any way to improve the rear indicators? they can barely be seen on a sunny day

Thank you very much!

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,522 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello everybody! This is my first post here, but I have read a lot of topics and I find your community very helpful. I hope you are going to be able to help me.
I just bought a 2001 SLK 230 K and I want to give it a modern look. I already purchased Dectane Headlights and they totally changed the way the car looks. Now I have 3 questions for you guys:

- are there any clear (or in any other way better looking) fog lights for the facelift model?
- are there any clear (or in any other way better looking) indicators for the mirrors?
- any way to improve the rear indicators? they can barely be seen on a sunny day

Thank you very much!

Welcome to the forum!

There are several sources of better looking fog lights - both clear and also adding high intensity. I believe the SLK Store on this site has some. Just make which year/model you are fitting - they also come in round.

I haven't seen any mirror solutions (I assume you are talking about the outside rear view mirrors?). You could buy the newer ones with the turn flasher, but the rewiring could be substantial - perhaps somebody has done that.

For the rear indicators, there are a couple of sites that sell LED setups. If you search this site you'll find at least one 170 owner who has done that and posted pictures, sounded like he was pleased with the result and it was pretty simple to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts