Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder were to begin.
Want to clean system all the way from petrol tank to engine. Change fuel filter and all.

Were to begin?

Anything i need to think about on the way?
What parts is needed to be cleaned?
What parts is good to replace?

Best regards Thomas.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Wonder were to begin.
Want to clean system all the way from petrol tank to engine. Change fuel filter and all.

Were to begin?

Anything i need to think about on the way?
What parts is needed to be cleaned?
What parts is good to replace?

Best regards Thomas.
Hi Thomas
Fuel filter guide is HERE

HTH

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
Why do you want to do this, and any reason you don't just use techron? Filter changes are part of routine maintenance, and I suppose you could remove and clean the pump assembly. And you can also remove the injectors and send them off for cleaning and adjustment. I've heard of flushing the lines with a chemical but never done it.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all. I have a small problem.
When giving full trottle it starts to hack.. start to miss ignition or not giving enuff fuel.
If i take the foot of the pedal and give full trottle again it works most of the times.. but not always.

it feels like its not get enuff fuel or something... it can be the filter or something else not sure.

sometimes i can give full trottle and it works perfect all the way .. it change gear at around 5500 rpm and next gear works perfect.

Soo its not everytime.. but 9 out of 10 its hacks.

Best regards Thomas

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,892 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Dave, where would you be if you did not have an SDS to tell you what to do???? >:D
Not making as much profit due to having to do "long hand Diagnostic" and wasting Customers or my own money on playing "Parts Darts" depending on whose Car I'm working on >:D

:grin:

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This car starts to cost some money now. So therefor i must do things on my own. The abs issues i had cost me a forturne at mb dealer. And they could not fix it. Did it all on my own.
So i need to try to fix this by my self as good as I can.

I can even say that my mb dealer is as you say "to young". They are not used to these older cars and what problems they have.

Back to question...
I guess a fuel filter is never bad to change.
But is it anything else that might be good to clean or change?

I have no idea when things were made last time.
Oil, sparkplugs were changed just a few mth ago.
For me it feels like there is some issue with fuel. Maybe a filter or a pump that dont give enuff pressure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts