92,759 Posts
Terry. Do a search top right please or head to the caring for your slk section
Been asked before.
Moving your post to that section

Jeff

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
I use damp microfiber cloth. Occasionally treat with very light coat of Aerospace 303 after cleaning.

·
fastdawg
4,380 Posts
I use damp microfiber cloth. Occasionally treat with very light coat of Aerospace 303 after cleaning.
Do you use it on things like the back deck when the top's down, I've been wondering what to clean/shine that up with? Along with the dash, I'm probably different, I like a shiny dash too.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Do you use it on things like the back deck when the top's down, I've been wondering what to clean/shine that up with? Along with the dash, I'm probably different, I like a shiny dash too.
Yes I do. IIRC, in the UK they call it the hat shelf.

Clean with damp microfiber cloth, may have to do twice, as I drive with the top down maybe 90% of the time (roof is up during rain), and the accumulated dust can build up fairly fast. I may do the Aerospace 303 once every 1-2 months mainly for UV protection as I prefer the matte or satin look as opposed to wet and shiny.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts

·
S L K Tech Enthusiast
602 Posts
Spic And Span your dash?

Coincidentally I just found this today by chance. Never used it but look closely at the picture on the package - I just had to have one if only for the novelty of sharing it here on SLKWorld.

I use a dry microfiber cloth most of the time to grab the dust, occasionally followed by a pass damped with water. The microfiber cloth is one that MB actually gave out a while a back, a very fine weave almost like suede.

Occasionally when applying Zaino Leather in a Bottle to the seats when finished I wipe the same cloth over the dash mainly for the nice smell; that's only on the top plastic portion, never on the rubbery black surfaces since I'm afraid it might stain their nice matte finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have been using Honda's Spray Cleaner and Polish on my Benz. I have been using this stuff on my bike for 12 + years on the paint, metal, windscreen and rubber. As my bike is mostly plastic, I figured it should be safe for all but the leather on the Benz. It appears to work nicely on the hat shelf. It does have some petroleum products in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts