Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used a friends technique to clean tail pipes today and thought I'd share it with y'all. The secret it Easy Off oven cleaner. I used a couple black plastic bags to tape off the area. You definitely do not want to get this stuff on your paint. After I had the area taped off I applied a heavy coat of easy off. The crap on my tail pipes just dripped off immediately. Even though I washed them before putting it in the garage. Once the coat was added I did some of the other things I had intended to do in the garage today and came back 2 hours later. I have a box of old socks that I use for throw away cloths and cleaned the area up. Once done I went inside, made a cup of tea, and went back out to marvel at how easy it was and how I wish I had done it a long time ago. Anyway here are my pictures. Pic 1 is before, pic 2 is black bag tape up job, pic 3 is immediately after spraying tips, pic 4 is completed project. Remember pic one is what it looked like after I washed with car wash soap and water.

Attachments

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before this method I would sit on the floor with Eagle metal polish and rub and rub and rub and rub and it would still not look good, but it would look better than it did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts