Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Had a chance to use a clay mitt last night and found the results quite good!
I have clay the car a few times before and generally do before applying wax every few months

Sorry didn't take any pics during, but the paint finish felt as good as using clay and it took half the time!

Any one else used one???

Cheers

Has :tu:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well done Has,
Did you find it hard to remove swirls and tiny scratches

I did have someone professional over yesterday who did a perfect job. see pictures. :big laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
14,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Phil!

I did find it cleaned up the paint, i've not clayed the car in a few months so it made a real difference,

had a go a while back with the autglym paint pro system which worked quite well for my first time with a dual action polisher,watching lots of youtube vids on using a polisher helped!
http://www.autoglym.com/news_articles/autoglym-s-new-paint-pro-system-simplifies-professional-paint-rectification

Finished it off with some autoglym HD wax, i'll post up some pics of the finish
wish i'd taken some before and after shots, D'oh!

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Has,
I'm not familiar with a clay mitt. What exactly is it? I have definitely used clay bars before, and will need to do it again soon as I am in need of a wax.

·
Registered
14,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Gene,

Its an alternative to the traditional clay bar, and seems to work as good too!

In the long run it's a fraction of the cost as you can get many uses out of the same Mitt, you still need to be as careful and use a lubrication but cuts the time down by half,

I guess only time will tell the longevity but as a first time user i was impressed with the results

Cheers
Has:tu:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts