Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out of my mind.....clay barred and waxed both the SLK and ML in one day. Simple observation....ML surface area is about 4 times that of an SLK.

Feel like I flew to the coast without an airplane. Both arms are rubbery, but I can still raise a mug to my lips! :Beer: Challenge and Mighty are grinning.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
:D I agree -- I stopped trying to do both my smaller convertible and the SUV on the same day or even the same weekend for the reason you cite, as well as just blaming it on my age. Ha Ha. Amazing how much more effort it takes with the SUV, not just because of the added surface area, but at least in my case having to get up and down on a step stool to reach the top for the wash, clay and wax all the way around.

·
Room 4 2
235 Posts
Very ambitious - I'm impressed! I clayed my SLK about 2 months ago and even though it was pretty easy (it's a garaged car and it went very smoothly), I wouldn't have tried to tackle claying another vehicle. Instead, I went ahead and put a couple of coats of wax on the it, polished the tailpipes, cleaned/waxed the wheels, did the interior, etc. - basically gave it a 'Spring Cleaning'. It really did make a difference, too!

·
Registered
59 Posts
A complete job

Wash, dry, inspect, repair, clay, polish, seal, then wax. And that's just the paint. The engine bay should have been done first, and the wheels removed and done last. The interior can be done anytime. Repeat as needed.
willy

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My self imposed OCD treatment plan suggests that I never do anything in a prescribed order. The summer perspiration factor mandates that the outside and inside surfaces be done on different days. I save the engine bay for those times when I yearn for more intimate bonding. ;)

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
I got my car just before winter. All i can do to it was a wash, precut, polish and wax. Now the air is cold and wet. Guess i just have to wait until summer to do the full treatment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts