Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Well you will have to fork out £79.00 to watch them .
Albeit they were good entertainment .
And drove expensive cars which most people would never own .

They really didnt review cars ,classic cars 70s or 80s cars
And a in depth review on cars you know the nuts and bolts a good in depth review .

Even a ten minute review of the cars we wish we kept .
Like Audi quattro turbo , 206 dimma , alfa's , RS 2000, RS1600 i and .........

It lost its way a lot .

Entertaining yes def .

But wished they reviewed cars that some could own . :wink:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Well you will have to fork out £79.00 to watch them .
Albeit they were good entertainment .
And drove expensive cars which most people would never own .

They really didnt review cars ,classic cars 70s or 80s cars
And a in depth review on cars you know the nuts and bolts a good in depth review .

Even a ten minute review of the cars we wish we kept .
Like Audi quattro turbo , 206 dimma , alfa's , RS 2000, RS1600 i and .........

It lost its way a lot .

Entertaining yes def .

But wished they reviewed cars that some could own . :wink:
"Cars that some could own?" You mean like the Trabant, Renault 2cv, Fiat 500? If I remember right, the cars they took on these daft challenges were largely older, second/third hand economy vehicles and they put them through their paces in some extreme conditions.:laugh:
But yes, I liked the supercar reviews and track tests - after all we can dream, and some would say with our current cars we are living that dream! >:D

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
When the programme first came out it was about cars etc
And the last few years it was about an hour long episode of driving through country's .

I quite liked the channel 5 classic car series
At least it was more about cars and up and coming future classics .
Least they had some mercs there . :grin:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Not sure....

Although kids and geeks will doubtless watch whatever this streaming thing might be, I doubt whether the majority of the traditional Top Gear audience will bother.

Superfast broadband will be needed for decent picture quality and no buffering delays; in the UK that's far from universal and many, if not most, people out of their teens still prefer to watch conventional TV, whether from terrestrial or satellite platforms.

But if the alternative is the wretched smug ginger whinger Evans, perhaps some will change their viewing habits. But I predict that they'll still be in the minority.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
"Cars that some could own?" You mean like the Trabant, Renault 2cv, Fiat 500? If I remember right, the cars they took on these daft challenges were largely older, second/third hand economy vehicles and they put them through their paces in some extreme conditions.:laugh:
But yes, I liked the supercar reviews track tests - after all we can dream, and some would say with our current cars we are living that dream! >:D

Don't forget dear old Olllliiiverrrrrrrrrr!

It's not meant to be about 'proper' car reviews and never really was. If you want that you watch the likes of Fifth Gear.

Top Gear is about having a chuckle at Clarkson's total irreverence to just about everything and his crinch-worthy creepy interviews with his own idols.

Throw into the mix the test track and a star in an affordable car and ..... yeh I like it.

Here's hoping they don't change too much of the format. But I for one will be looking in.

·
Super Moderator
24,183 Posts
I never thought that I'd say this....

I'm happy that the better half is on prime.

Must go and have a rest now.

I just can't watch Evans, even when it's a topic I really want to see.
Even if he gets decent co presenters, I won't be able to watch.

As much as the real TG lads can be annoying at times, they are definitely entertaining.
The fact that they won several 'factual show' awards despite pratting around shows the talent of the whole team (front and back of camera).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts