Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
*Registered
2008 SLK280
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! My replacement of my Front Lock Cylinder is nearly complete, the refurbished better-then-new part from Top Hydraulics arrived, and I've installed everything, refilled the reservoir (I used a syringe). On the pump, the plates holding in the lines are T15 torx, the refill plug is a T25. However, in both the TH video (Chapter 2) and the Panzer videos, neither of them had something that is present in my 2008 SLK 280, the Central Locking Vacuum Pump, part A 171-800-00 -19. There was also no video of either of them removing it -- was it added later?

I'm also slightly unsure how to route the #10 and #12 lines horizontally before they head toward the middle of the car toward the pump. Both videos have people blocking the view, if anyone has a still picture of the line routing looking downward toward the main lift cylinder on the passenger side, that will instill confidence. I think I've done it right, but I can still just snip my zipties and reroute if I'm slightly off.

I'll attempt to comment on the TH video to help other DIY'ers like myself, if I can't comment I'll clarify here.

·
*Registered
2008 SLK280
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tested the hard top today, nearly had a heart attack! I think I knew that the top will not operate unless the vehicle is actually started with the engine running instead of just in the ignition position, but after starting,and I had the dash message "Retractible Top in Operation", absolutely nothing was happening, no pump noises, nothing! On a hunch, I manually lowered the top and manually locked the front hooks into the windshield, and then the Mercedes computer allowed me to raise/lower the top...relieved!

Sneaky Pete, that explains why no other video had that module there, thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts