Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've got a solar trickle charger / battery maintainer which has a cigarette lighter attachment. Unfortunately the port on my SLK 200 is only live when the car in running.

Can anyone tell me if they have been able to rewire the existing port or if there might be a more convenient location to wire in a secondary port with constant connection to the battery?

I found this mod but wondered if there was an alternative that might work without running wires into the engine compartment.

http://www.slkworld.com/general-modifications-r171/19861-solar-battery-charcher-maintainer-mod.html

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have seen on youtube where as the fuse box is on the side of the dash (like the slk320), a guy added a "add-a-fuse" (I have seen it at an autoparts place) to an existing fuse that was live when the car key was in 1 and 2 position. He basically took a female socket from some old device he had and wired it into the "add a fuse" in the fusebox compartment. He then ran his radar detector to the fusebox and plugged it into the socket.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.