Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
E

·
0 Posts

You can see that the wheel has inside insert screws with this screws you fix the wheel over the OEM wheel, the screws must be secured with locktide special metal glue

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
You can see that the wheel has inside insert screws with this screws you fix the wheel over the OEM wheel, the screws must be secured with locktide special metal glue
Wow...so i CERTAINLY wouldn't buy or use those on my car, or recommend them. Locktite is strong, but set screws on pulleys going several thousand RPM without pre-drilled holes? can you imagine the wobble if the balance is just slightly off? Not to mention the negative effect on power from ADDING weight to the pulley.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
Just to follow up i dropped Anthony (TVT Design) an email about the overdrive pulleys for the slk230's, he said he can get them from asp depending on his stock of cores. If you have an extra pulley or if you can live without your's for a bit they run $350, keep in mind that you will need a larger belt.

·
Registered
142 Posts
This is a scary modification to say the least. These are actually made by a larger more well known company as an alternative to the ASP pulley. We received one of the first production units about 2 yrs ago and never installed it due to balance issues and worries of the pulley seperating. If you weld the pulley together and have it professionally balanced, then this is an ok mod, but the cost for that would put you way over the ASP ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts