Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think of the Chrome Roll Bars you can get? Cool or too bling/flash? Just been offered some for £100.....

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,566 Posts

Attachments

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
I think it depends on the color of your car and how you plan to accessorize. Chrome theme or black theme or color. But if you're going to do it, own it heheh! On the silver slk's I think they are stunning, like MK's car above.

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,507 Posts
Our ebay has them for about $121.00 from the racing guys. Just found them out there. I imagine they aren't hard to put on?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm already thinking of doing this, but because my car is black I'm planning to do the black chrome shadow effect that dupli color offers after I purchase the chrome bars. :)

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
I just bought a used set for mine , got them re-polished , just trying to work up the energy and find the time to fit them !!

·
Registered
734 Posts
I've ordered some of those cheap ones from eBay.

Will report on quality and ease of fitment when they arrive and when I have strength enough in my arm to do the job.

Shall I turn it into a DIY?

Here's the eBay link again.

·
14,566 Posts
Even though they look like chrome, they may just be polished aluminum. The pictures up close show they are shiny, but the pics at a distance they loose that sparkle.

I really hope they turn out exactly like you want! You will be so pleased and get so many compliments from others!

·
14,566 Posts
You are right(as usual) they are stainless steel, I was thinking of my kitchen faucet, that's polished aluminum! (don't ask me why)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.