Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a very nice black 171 200 (plate nikky I think) just beside Canada House, entering into Trafalgar Square, about 2pm Christmas day. I'll upload a foto as soon as I can find the chip adapter!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tinting illegal in the UK? Just spotted the first SLK of the year here in Ottawa (+6C not bad for 1st of Jan!) Silver 350 on Wellington St W...top up and parked.. Foto to follow.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Tinting illegal in the UK?
Nope it's not illegal, but you have to ensure that 70% of the available light gets through the front windows... and sometimes that 30% is already used by the manufacturers original glass, meaning that any extra film you place on the windows effectively make it illegal...

but looking at the picture they look very dark.. certainly not letting through 70% :)

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
back to London...twice in the last 10 days. Seemed to be a lot of SL's out and about but precious few SLKs. Wednesday night though there was a grey 230 R171 parked in St John's Wood, across from Sophra (good eats, and it sounds better than being parked in front of a Tesco). Hung about briefly, but driver did not turn up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts