Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the life of me, I cannot figure out why the Chicago slk owners are not out in force on this forum. Why do we not have a larger presence? We should have a steady group of slk'ers meeting up for our own region but it just never seems to happen.

Gods waiting room has a big group, and so does the west coast. I know we have weather problems but you would think we'd be out here more. I'm not going to facebook recruit but short of emailing every memeber in the tri state region what else is there to be done?

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a woman that's driving a 170 kompresser, silver that I literally see once a week when I leave work. I see them all the time AND I leave cards. short of begging the dealership to pimp us out I am completely perplexed.

You should see how ape **** I go when I see one driving in the Jeep with my other half. He just laughs at me and tells me to keep my eyes on the road and "NO LUCY.. you cannot jump out of the god damned car at a red light and approach peoples vehicles".

heh.. it's not kosher to stalk mid traffic light I guess..ugh.

·
Banned
801 Posts
There are a few 170s ambling around in Ohio but not many 171s or 72s. The 170s are cheap being the reason.

Ohio is a conservative state with a lot of unemployment. These cars are just too expensive for most people and are more fitting for a wild California lifestyle, the Hollywood types.

I'm not sure about Florida maybe it's the South Beach Tony Montana types who buy them?

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are a few 170s ambling around in Ohio but not many 171s or 72s. The 170s are cheap being the reason.

Ohio is a conservative state with a lot of unemployment. These cars are just too expensive for most people and are more fitting for a wild California lifestyle, the Hollywood types.

I'm not sure about Florida maybe it's the South Beach Tony Montana types who buy them?
lol.. can you see jb and mk with an accent? ...I feel a youtube video post coming on as we speak.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,102 Posts
That is the only 'clean' video available

·
Registered
123 Posts
While most of us love our SLK, and believe me i do as well. I also just love Mercedes Benz. Pair up with your local MBCA chapter, they know who is registered in the club and who drives what.

If Cincinnati Had the interest, we would have a MBCA meetup just for select car owners or classes.

Just a thought.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Super Wifey and I are still talking about the Midwest meet we had in Indi a while back. I know it took a lot of heavy lifting on Fast's part but it turned out real good. I think an annual spring meet in the central midwest could be
very successful.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
707 Posts
Super Wifey and I are still talking about the Midwest meet we had in Indi a while back. I know it took a lot of heavy lifting on Fast's part but it turned out real good. I think an annual spring meet in the central midwest could be
very successful.
I think you are right.

I belong to a nation Honda S2000 club and another Honda forum. Each get together every year. S2ki vintage group will get together this spring in up state NY for a long weekend (also a Tail of the Dragon meet) & S2KCA will get together in June for their national meet in KY. With both meets, there is driving some curvy roads, and we have a big dinner before everyone heads home. Some clubs have regional meets. Next year, a friend & I hope to host the national S2KCA meet in CO and with it do a drive through Utah and visit some sites.

·
Shibing the Web Guy
235 Posts
very successful.
Been there done that, I do know Crossfire people gets together every spring and every fall in the Tail of the Dragon, and I've been going every fall since 2012, even later on when I took the SLK instead, I still felt quite welcomed.

We can do something like that, but it does need some work to get things going.

We really don't have to find a special place just to enjoy, and we can always crash the party of car shows or even AutoX :)

Let's see.......

Good places includes:

Indy, Spencer like we did last time.
The other thread, MBCA StarTech 2015.
Spring or Fall, the Hocking Hills area are always good.
Ohio River Road that across 3 states
Mid August, Woodward Dream Cruise
Late October, Smokie Mountain/Tail of The Dragon

The list can go on and on, just depends on what we all can do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts