Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Riley Auto Group's Chevrolet dealership in Jefferson City, Mo., was heavily damaged when it "took a direct hit" from a tornado Wednesday, according to a dealership spokesperson.

"Our employees are safe," the spokesperson told Automotive News in a Facebook message. "We are in the beginning phases" of assessing the damage.

The dealership posted to Facebook on Thursday that "Riley Chevrolet and Riley Toyota will be closed to all public and employees until further notice. Our prayers are with Jefferson City and surrounding towns through this time."

Images from Riley Chevrolet showed damage to the dealership building and vehicles stacked on top of each other like Matchbox cars.

more

https://www.autonews.com/dealers/chevy-dealership-mo-pummeled-direct-hit-tornado

·
Registered
632 Posts
Thankfully it was after hours from what I could tell in the news coverage, so no one was hurt. I guess anyone with a Chevy needing a new engine might be in luck, as most of these will likely be sold at auction for salvage. Lots and lots of brand new engines looking for a new home there.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Thankfully it was after hours from what I could tell in the news coverage, so no one was hurt. I guess anyone with a Chevy needing a new engine might be in luck, as most of these will likely be sold at auction for salvage. Lots and lots of brand new engines looking for a new home there.
As the saying goes it is an ill wind (literally in this case) that blows no good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts