Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking the car in for the 20,000 mile service. (Unfortunately to one of the dealers Bill has dealt with.)
:soap:

I plan on having them treat the roof seals and check all of the roof fittings. Anything additional I should have checked out that seems to be a common issue.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm sure hes going to want to see another obsedian slk55 that he can f$%k up. Maybe I'll wear my SLKWORLD shirt (thanks BTW)

I have to deal with the service manager there ever since they wanted me to set an appointment last year to have a tire replaced under warranty. Wanted me to wait a week and told me to use the spare until I got in. (Like the 55 has a spare!!!!)They also love trying to give you a loaner Toyota.

Lets you and I start a real MB dealership with real service down here. They sell so many MBs and, as we know, the dealerships are awful at best.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
:soap:

scheduled maintenance at dealership at 20,000 miles = $475.00

There is a plug of some type they needed to order so they are keeping the car overnight.

In addition I need to replace one front tire that I can get at a tire shop for 260.00... the dealership wants 375.00 !!!!! For $100 plus and the principal of the issue I'm taking the car to the tire store to get replaced. (my serivce person agreed its ridiculous and that they are not competitive on the price of tires.)

And they wonder why we complain and call them "stealerships"

BTW: I'm picking it up tomorrow with my SLKWORLD shirt on. :Beer:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.