Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just happen today, get to a friend's house and after about two hours. As usual, flip the key and let go right away and it starts, but this time it cranks for about 15 long seconds and don't start, nonstop crank. So I switch the key off and pull out, put it back in and start again. This time it cranks for about 5s and starts, but the check engine light come on. And I have to drive home, about 15-20 min., drive without any problem. when I get home, shut down the car and try to start again, it cranks for about 4s and starts. Check engine still on.

I don't think is the battery, I think is the spark plugs. My car about 50k miles. I am planning to change the spark plugs in next service which is about two weeks from now, but this is happening.
So what do you guys think? Please tell me your opinion and should I stop driving or ok to drive? Anything serious?

Thanks for all your help,

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Mercedes is pretty conservative on throwing CEL's to protect the car, so I'd not be too worried about driving the car. I would, however, have someone with Star run the codes rather than speculate and change parts at random. Spark plugs - for example - are 5 years or 100k miles...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John,
this morning try again the check engine light gone, but I'll try to tune up soon too. next service in two weeks and I think spark plugs, fuel filter need to replace.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Thanks John,
this morning try again the check engine light gone, but I'll try to tune up soon too. next service in two weeks and I think spark plugs, fuel filter need to replace.

Not a bad plan - I'd still get the codes read just so you know the general cause - a cleared CEL is usually one of the really conservative ones.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi John,
I see one of your post about NGK IFR6D10, how was it? And should change to NGK or stick with OEM spark plugs? I think if I order OEM from dealer, I get about 20% off. I'm undecided which brand or OEM spark plugs to use.
Fuel filter I'll stick to OEM. Any suggestion John?
Thanks for all your help and reply.

edit,
I believe NGK IFR6D10 is OEM? maybe I misread it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just get the code today, it's P0335 - Crankshart position sensor.
Right after get the code and reset it. It starts with no problem, but about 30 min. later it just crank and not start at all.
Just order the part but they don't have it.

This is the first time I push the car, oh my god it's so heavy for a little car.

By the way, I try to search but don't see any picture of the location of the sensor.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just replaced crank sensor, driving for one day no problem. But all the sudden when I get into parking lot about to park. Car **** down by itself, rpm raise up and down by itself and shut down. Start again without any problem
, but shut down on me three times. And finally I manage to drive into parking lot. There is no check engine light this time.
I wonder what make it shut down by itself this time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.