Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
@nickwilcock Nick, I am meeting John this lunch time whose event it is and I will get back to you with the numbers.
@nickwilcock Hello Nick .The numbers at the cream tea garden party is between 130 to 150 people. It is by invitation only and is outside. All food will be served by people wearing masks and gloves. There will be sanitisers and if the weather turns for the worse open sided gazebos are their for shelter. People will be encouraged to use their common sense.

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
@Squishband Hello Richard. I know a person with a drone @dbgrn . As mentioned in post 57 I am meeting John at lunchtime and I will ask for his thoughts on this. He would have to give his permission. I also think there maybe some people at the event would not want a drone flying over their pride and joy. I can but ask.
@Squishband John does not have an objection to this. However he expects everybody at the event to agree first. He has not got time to do that and neither have I. So I guess that will be a non starter. Sorry.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
2,135 Posts
🤷‍♂️ Hope everyone has a brilliant time. X
@Squishband John does not have an objection to this. However he expects everybody at the event to agree first. He has not got time to do that and neither have I. So I guess that will be a non starter. Sorry.

Reactions: Trev5

·
*Registered
2003 SLK32 AMG
342 Posts
Sorry Martin, but after much heart searching and discussing the matter with my little lady, we simply aren't yet prepared to risk such a large gathering whilst the COVID risk is still as high as it is. So very regrettably, we have decided that we won't be coming to Tiptree on the 24th.

Hope you'll all have a great time - but stay safe!!

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK350
1,030 Posts
Hi Martin,
My wife Sarah has decided that she would also like a cream tea … so please add her as a +1
Thanks.

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Sorry Martin, but after much heart searching and discussing the matter with my little lady, we simply aren't yet prepared to risk such a large gathering whilst the COVID risk is still as high as it is. So very regrettably, we have decided that we won't be coming to Tiptree on the 24th.

Hope you'll all have a great time - but stay safe!!
We must all feel comfortable so quite understand. Regards Martin.

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Hi Martin,
My wife Sarah has decided that she would also like a cream tea … so please add her as a +1
Thanks.
Mike, Sarah has been added.

·
*Registered
2005 SLK350
82 Posts
@youarewhatyouis Hello Glen. Looking forward to Saturday. I cannot see any reason for you not to be able to let attendees know that your car is for sale. What are you hoping to replace it with? Regards Martin.
Hi Martin, thanks for letting me know. I'm not really looking to replace the SLK at this stage as I'm saving my final few KKKKs for a........Delorean. Been on the lookout in serious mode since 2017 but always wanted one since the early eighties. So for now it's just a case of building up the funds inch by inch and then pressing the button and importing one from L.A. where they all live in various states of disrepair haha.

·
*Registered
2008 SLK350
44 Posts
Apologies, I had my second vaccination yesterday afternoon and have woken up today quite unwell, therefore don't think I'm likely to make it tomorrow.

Have a great day all.

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Update

The weather is forecast to be a bit unkind to us on the 24th ( lets hope that they have got it wrong). I have been advised that the event will go ahead as planned. John the venue owner and organiser will have enough overhead shelter to accommodate all attendees from the rain if it appears which I very much hope that it doesn't.

This post has also been added to Post 1.

·
*Registered
2013 SLK55 AMG
592 Posts
Great work organising this @MartinatMersea, just sorry I can't be there but will be thinking of all those lovely SLK's lined up together (I will also think of the cream tea I'm missing !!). It's never easy trying to get these things set up and you've been hit with the added mess of Covid and the rules to manage it. Although I'm not going I just wanted to thank you for all of the effort you've put (that thanks is extended to everyone around the globe on this forum who step forward and proactively organise events for us lucky people). Hoping the rain stays away and you all get some top down fun !
Neil

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 · (Edited)
Great work organising this @MartinatMersea, just sorry I can't be there but will be thinking of all those lovely SLK's lined up together (I will also think of the cream tea I'm missing !!). It's never easy trying to get these things set up and you've been hit with the added mess of Covid and the rules to manage it. Although I'm not going I just wanted to thank you for all of the effort you've put (that thanks is extended to everyone around the globe on this forum who step forward and proactively organise events for us lucky people). Hoping the rain stays away and you all get some top down fun !
Neil
Neil. Many thanks for your very kind words and thoughts. I very much appreciate it and hopefully we will meet up soon. Kind regards Martin

61 - 76 of 76 Posts