Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
See Post 1

Pre Meet

On the day could we please meet up at the Tiptree Jam overflow car park (Wilkin & Sons Ltd, Factory Hill, Tiptree, Essex, CO5 0RF) between from 2:15pm leaving for the venue at 2.45pm. The idea is to turn up at the venue at the same time so we can park together.

·
*Registered
2003 SLK32 AMG
342 Posts
I thought that we had a reserved 'SLK' parking area?

There was also a suggestion to park the 4 generations of AMG together? R170 SLK32 AMG, R171 SLK55 AMG, R172 SLK55 AMG and R172 Mercedes-AMG SLC43. Is that still on?

Let's hope that the weather gods will be on our side!!

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I thought that we had a reserved 'SLK' parking area?

There was also a suggestion to park the 4 generations of AMG together? R170 SLK32 AMG, R171 SLK55 AMG, R172 SLK55 AMG and R172 Mercedes-AMG SLC43. Is that still on?

Let's hope that the weather gods will be on our side!!
Nick. The venue is superb and huge. We not only have SLKWorld members attending but cars from the local Mercedes Benz Club and the North Essex Ragtops. The point is that we (SLKWorld) will be travelling to the venue from the Jam Factory car park in convoy and entering the venue so all SLKWorld members will be parked together. We will be arriving before the event starts so will have the best spaces. We will be parking so that we can open our doors without damaging the car next to us. With regard to the AMG's, that is for the end of the event and relies on us staying to the end. Because of the rescheduled date we have lost nearly half of the attendees so I have yet to check whether all AMG versions are represented.

·
*Registered
2003 SLK32 AMG
342 Posts
Nick. The venue is superb and huge. We not only have SLKWorld members attending but cars from the local Mercedes Benz Club and the North Essex Ragtops. The point is that we (SLKWorld) will be travelling to the venue from the Jam Factory car park in convoy and entering the venue so all SLKWorld members will be parked together. We will be arriving before the event starts so will have the best spaces. We will be parking so that we can open our doors without damaging the car next to us. With regard to the AMG's, that is for the end of the event and relies on us staying to the end. Because of the rescheduled date we have lost nearly half of the attendees so I have yet to check whether all AMG versions are represented.
Thanks for the clarification! Looking forward to the day very much!!

·
*Registered
2005 SLK350
82 Posts
Glen. Thanks I was worried that you had not seen the date change. Just for clarification the Strawberry Cream Tea is now the 24th July and the breakfast meet is 25th July. If you can let me know soonest whether you are coming to either I would appreciate the breakfast meet in particular with the low numbers that we have so far. Regards Martin
Hi Martin, count me and my Dad, Alan, in for Sat cream tea. I can't make the Sunday sadly as I'm driving back home to Leicestershire after Tiptree and down to Cornwall first thing Sunday with Mrs. Shame as I was looking forward to Mersea. Spent time there as a kid and be nice to see it again 50 years later.
See you on the 24th. You'll recognise me from the old gaffer in the passenger seat telling me to slow down. Cheers
Glen.

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hi Martin, count me and my Dad, Alan, in for Sat cream tea. I can't make the Sunday sadly as I'm driving back home to Leicestershire after Tiptree and down to Cornwall first thing Sunday with Mrs. Shame as I was looking forward to Mersea. Spent time there as a kid and be nice to see it again 50 years later.
See you on the 24th. You'll recognise me from the old gaffer in the passenger seat telling me to slow down. Cheers
Glen.
Glen. Look forward to seeing you and your dad on the 24th. Please see post 1 regarding meeting up beforehand so we can travel to the Cream Tea together in convoy. I have a holiday home in Cornwall so spend a fair amount of time down their ( Just came back in the SLK following a 2 week stay). Regards Martin

·
*Registered
2003 SLK32 AMG
342 Posts
Hi Martin - did you know that Jul 2021 marks the 25th anniversary of the start of SLK production?

There's something about it in this month's Mercedes Enthusiast!!

·
Administrator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
19,050 Posts
Hi Martin - did you know that Jul 2021 marks the 25th anniversary of the start of SLK production?

Yes we did 😉

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

Nick I did know that. I pointed this out to the Mercedes Benz Club UK on March 14th who now are having an event on July 18th and combining the SLK anniversary with other MB models that also have anniversaries.

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
It is not too late to confirm your attendance. See post one for details.

·
*Registered
2008 SLK350
44 Posts
I thought i had reconfirmed but seem to be missing from the list, I'm still able to make it if you can add me back please 😊

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I thought i had reconfirmed but seem to be missing from the list, I'm still able to make it if you can add me back please 😊
@NeilMick Neil. Many apologies. You are on the list. See you Saturday.

·
*Registered
2005 SLK350
82 Posts
See Post 1

Pre Meet

On the day could we please meet up at the Tiptree Jam overflow car park (Wilkin & Sons Ltd, Factory Hill, Tiptree, Essex, CO5 0RF) between from 2:15pm leaving for the venue at 2.45pm. The idea is to turn up at the venue at the same time so we can park together.
Hi Martin, reconfirming, just in case: me plus my Dad. Surreal trip, 17 years living 2.5 miles from Tiptree, never been to the Jam Factory...
By the way am i allowed to put a for sale signs on my car when we get to the meet? Dont want to break an etiquette rule😁 thanks Glen

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
@youarewhatyouis Hello Glen. Looking forward to Saturday. I cannot see any reason for you not to be able to let attendees know that your car is for sale. What are you hoping to replace it with? Regards Martin.

·
*Registered
2003 SLK32 AMG
342 Posts
Martin, roughly how many visitors are they expecting for this event? I'm concerned about this wretched pandemic still not having shown any signs of easing off.

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Martin, roughly how many visitors are they expecting for this event? I'm concerned about this wretched pandemic still not having shown any signs of easing off.
@nickwilcock Nick, I am meeting John this lunch time whose event it is and I will get back to you with the numbers.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
2,137 Posts
I hope someone with a camera drone shows up - sounds like it’s going to be a great event.

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I hope someone with a camera drone shows up - sounds like it’s going to be a great event.
@Squishband Hello Richard. I know a person with a drone @dbgrn . As mentioned in post 57 I am meeting John at lunchtime and I will ask for his thoughts on this. He would have to give his permission. I also think there maybe some people at the event would not want a drone flying over their pride and joy. I can but ask.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
2,137 Posts
It was just a idle thought born out of that part of me that remains youthfully enthusiastic ;)

41 - 60 of 76 Posts