Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
John and Ann Hall would like to invite SLKWorld members along with other local car clubs to their rescheduled charity Strawberry Cream Tea and Garden Party on Saturday 24th July from 3:00pm to 6:00pm. They have been running this event for a few years now and they run it in aid of charities. This years charity is in aid of the NHS. Tickets are only £10 a head for adults and £5 for children. For this you will get a Strawberry Cream Tea consisting of a selection of Sandwiches, Scones, Tiptree Jam, Cakes, Strawberries and Cream and either Tea, Coffee or Soft Drink.

The location of the meet is Ashley Farm, Newbridge Road, Tiptree, Essex CO5 OJA.

We will of course be observing any COVID restrictions that still apply at the time.

I have copied over the list of attendees from the postponed thread to give you first chance to attend the rescheduled event. Please let me know if you cannot attend this date so I can amend it.

1 @MartinatMersea Martin and June---------(confirmed coming)
2 @Col Col and Jo----------------------------------(Confirmed Coming)
3 @hedgehog Jack and Hazell----------------(confirmed coming)
4 @RobAnna Rob and Ann---------------------(confirmed coming)
5 @Mealor Ray and Jo--------------------------(confirmed coming)
6 @Trev5 Trevor and Carole---------------------(confirmed coming)
7 @andybures Andy and Liz-------------------(confirmed coming)
8 @dbgrn Dave & Heather---------------------(confirmed coming)
9 @mike350 Mike and Sarah---------------(confirmed coming)
10 @Kendo64 Ken & Dawn------------------(confirmed coming)
11 @Roberto1968 Robert & Gosia---------(confirmed coming)
12 @youarewhatyouis Glen & Alan--------(confirmed coming)
13 @Statler Steve------------------------------(confirmed coming)
14 @SheilaMike Sheila & Mike-------------(confirmed coming)
15 @cfors54 Chris & Julia--------------------(confirmed coming)
16 @robint Robin & Glenys----------------------(confirmed coming)

Pre Meet

On the day could we please meet up at the Tiptree Jam overflow car park (Wilkin & Sons Ltd, Factory Hill, Tiptree, Essex, CO5 0RF) between from 2:15pm leaving for the venue at 2.45pm. The idea is to turn up at the venue at the same time so we can park together.

Seating

For those that have room it would be helpful if you can bring along some chairs/picnic tables.

Update

The weather is forecast to be a bit unkind to us on the 24th ( lets hope that they have got it wrong). I have been advised that the event will go ahead as planned. John the venue owner and organiser will have enough overhead shelter to accommodate all attendees from the rain if it appears which I very much hope that it doesn't.

·
**Premium Member 2017 SLC200
4,795 Posts
Hi Martin @MartinatMersea, I am afraid myself and Tracy will not be able to attend the rescheduled event as we have a theatre visit on that evening. We were so looking forward to it, Oh well maybe next year, hope that all who attend have a great day. Jules

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Martin @MartinatMersea, I am afraid myself and Tracy will not be able to attend the rescheduled event as we have a theatre visit on that evening. We were so looking forward to it, Oh well maybe next year, hope that all who attend have a great day. Jules
Jules thanks for letting me know. Regards Martin

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MartinatMersea, your post still states the date as 10th July. Might I suggest that you amend it to indicate the new date of 24th July?
Hello Nick. A good spot now amended. Are you still able to come on 24th?

·
*Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
165 Posts
Hi Martin,

We can't make the new date unfortunately. Hope it goes well and maybe see you all next year, Kev.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Kev. Thanks for letting me know. Martin

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
2,136 Posts
Hi Martin. Wot a bummer. Can't do that date. Another time :)

·
*Registered
2014 SLK55 AMG
174 Posts
Hi Martin. We won't be able to make it on the rescheduled date either I'm afraid. I hope you and all that do attend have a great day. Fingers crossed for next time.

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello Paul. Thanks for letting me know. Hope to catch up with you later in the year.

·
*Registered
2013 SLK55 AMG
592 Posts
Hi Martin,

sorry, another one who can't make the new date, we have a family thing to attend. If anything changes will let you know, have a great day - I'll be sorry I missed the cake !!!

thanks
neil

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Martin,

sorry, another one who can't make the new date, we have a family thing to attend. If anything changes will let you know, have a great day - I'll be sorry I missed the cake !!!

thanks
neil
Neil. Thanks for letting me know. Regards Martin

·
Super Moderator (UK) 2008 SLK350
1,636 Posts
Really sorry Martin but i’m at a wedding on the 24th! I wouldn’t mind that much but I can’t stand them. You can guess where I’d rather be buddy!

I was really looking forward to seeing you guys too. Onwards and upwards towards the next meet darnnn sarffff! 👍👍👍

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Really sorry Martin but i’m at a wedding on the 24th! I wouldn’t mind that much but I can’t stand them. You can guess where I’d rather be buddy!

I was really looking forward to seeing you guys too. Onwards and upwards towards the next meet darnnn sarffff! 👍👍👍
Jay I fully understand and hope the wedding has a free bar as consolation. Regards Martin

·
*Registered
2006 SLK200
164 Posts
Hi Martin, Jo and I can do the 24th so will look to stay locally again that night. It’s such a massive shame so many can’t make the new date. That bloomin' virus has a lot to answer for!
All those postponed weddings have got to be squeezed in somehow :D

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK350
1,030 Posts
Hi Martin, I can make the 24th so all good with me. I won’t be staying over this time as I’ll be heading down to Kent for their meeting on Sunday.
SLK weekend here I come😎

Reactions: Col and Jules555

·
Super Moderator (UK)
2002 Blue SLK320 known as 'Silkie"
4,202 Posts
I'm really sorry, Martin, but we can't make 24th/25th as we have other family commitments that weekend.

Oh what a shame for us all

1 - 20 of 76 Posts