Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else come across the problem where you try to change the clock hour/minutes by pulling out the right side adapter and turning it but the clock never changes?

I found that we can brighten or dim the instrument panel with the left tuner too! That was a nice little find. But I still cant get the f'ing clock to change lol.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
I use to have the same problem, now i just put the car up for the winter before the time change. When you twist the knob you have to turn it hard almost to the point you twist it off the dash. Not very user friendly for a MB.

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,516 Posts
While you pull the knob out, turn it to the right to change the minutes and to the left for the hours. Mine's not too hard to change.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Switch connectors need a clean, maybe.

Clock setting on mine works very easily, but I've seen various instruments where these kinds of switches don't do their jobs properly when they've become dirty.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had a similar problem yesterday when I took the car out of the garage for the first time in a couple of weeks...
Pulling and turning the knob to the left to adjust the hour wouldn't do squat!
So I pulled and turned to the right and the minutes starting changing, then turned it back to the left and finally was able to adjust the hour.
I'd say the contacts are probably a little gummed up as mentioned above.
No idea how to clean them without removing the instrument panel...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I adjust the clock from the steering wheel controls. Am I missing something here?
Yes, you're in the wrong group ;)

IOW, you have an R171, ours are R170's.

Back to the thread, it's interesting that I can't get my clock to change in either direction but my wife, sitting in the passenger seat, can get it to change with ease :confused:

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
While you pull the knob out, turn it to the right to change the minutes and to the left for the hours. Mine's not too hard to change.
MaryKay wins! One good turn to the left started changing the hours, you go girl.

I also discovered that with the other knob to the left, I could brighten my entire dash!!! very spiffy now.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,474 Posts
ahhhh, brighten dash,,,,owner's manual.....ahhhhhh

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Owners manual.... pfft
I just mess with things until it does what I want. In the end, I make it submit to my will!!!:D
Clearly.. you are a single man.. HA! {please realize this is humor lol}

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,474 Posts
same for floriduh

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.