Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an intermittent bulb fault with my drivers side headlamp. On looking I found the holder was loose in the headlamp. I took it out to have a look reseated the bulb in the holder. I read in my owners manual that the holder needs to click into place. What way up should it be? Should the flat shoulders be horizontal or vertical when in the headlamp?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,077 Posts
until someone replies, look at the other side?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I have an intermittent bulb fault with my drivers side headlamp. On looking I found the holder was loose in the headlamp. I took it out to have a look reseated the bulb in the holder. I read in my owners manual that the holder needs to click into place. What way up should it be? Should the flat shoulders be horizontal or vertical when in the headlamp?
I need to check on that... There's only one way you can screw it in. Once it's in it will find it's thread and you should be able to twist it clockwise and feel it stop after 1/4 of a turn I would say... But let me double check on that!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Here's how mine looks like. Please note that it's a US version and I have projector headlights.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, My headlamp is standard halogen. I had already checked the otherside and its vertical, but there appear to be cut outs on the vertical for the holder to slot into. My manual just states push it till it clicks. After *****footing around trying not to damage the holder I resorted to good ole brute force and it finally clicked into place.

I think at some point the bulbs have been changed and the wires on the holder have been pulled to get the bulb out, hence the intermittant cutting out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.