Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered a pair of nice (Depo brand) Fully Smoked LED side-marker lights for my SLK from Ebay! They cost me $55.19 including delivery! They do look awesome! And I wanted to share pictures!
I also covered all my lights with clear vinyl to protect them from scratches but it's up to you! It's just me - want to keep everything perfect!

So here we go. Replacing side marker lights is really easy: plug and play method! ;)
All you have to do is to pry it off with a flat head screwdriver. From the passenger's side I pried it off on the right, and from the driver's side on the left.

Please note the slight curve on the plastic that holds it in place. It might be a little tricky. For some it might be easy to pry it off on the opposite side ;)

Here are pictures comparing side markers side by side:

Finally, photos of the finished work!

I do really like them, especially in the evening time! And they perfectly match black car!
P.S. Ebay has also clear version which is also nice!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm glad you liked them too! They do change the look substituting dull stock orange markers!
P.S. These chrome lights also look nice on a black color!! Great job!:tu:

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Before and after pictures side lights

Got my side lights today. Here are before and after pictures. You do have to be careful when removing the old ones. But they look nice.:rb

Attachments

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,524 Posts
Nice write up & they do look sharp.
1 correction,
According to the owners manual, to remove the lights, carefully slide lamp towards front, and remove back end first from bumper.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Which ever way you remove them you need to be careful and not scratch the paint. I tried it from the back but was not able to push the lens forward far enough with the screw driver. I used a narrow screw driver and went in from the front and bent the plastic tab back enough to release it. My rubber gasket was not sticking out much for a cushion, tried putting a rag ageist the paint and that helped. :Beer:

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
Those are really nice. Is there a version for the 171? I have the smoked markers from the slkstore right now on mine, but they're not nearly dark enough. Something akin to these would look great.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got my side lights today. Here are before and after pictures. You do have to be careful when removing the old ones. But they look nice.:rb
Congratulations Ray! Glad you received them so fast! Nice look!

Nice write up & they do look sharp.
1 correction,
According to the owners manual, to remove the lights, carefully slide lamp towards front, and remove back end first from bumper.
Hmmm.. these don't seem to slide pretty easy. But seems logical. I tried removing one the way manual described but still used a flat-head screwdriver to assist in sliding.

Those are really nice. Is there a version for the 171? I have the smoked markers from the slkstore right now on mine, but they're not nearly dark enough. Something akin to these would look great.
Durkatlon, I think these were just released. They might count sales and see how popular these are and then we might see them on Ebay for later models! I'm usually order a bunch of stuff off the Ebay, so will keep an eye on your model ;)

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,707 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,179 Posts
mk, i hope they are amber. florida side markers cannot be white

316.224 Color of clearance lamps, identification lamps, side marker lamps, backup lamps, reflectors, and deceleration lights.

(1) Front clearance lamps, identification lamps, and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the front or on the side near the front of a vehicle shall display or reflect an amber color.

·
97,179 Posts
mk, don't you have enuff tickets?

·
97,179 Posts
They can be clear but have to have amber bulbs, just to clarify for others in Florida.
And for a small fee I won't notify the authorities!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wish they had amber LED side markers also. Amber works better with my Magma red color IMHO. All I have seen sold are smoked out and clear lens. Bummer!

·
97,179 Posts
they do have amber led side markers.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts