Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am about to get some new headlights. When I am about to order them, I see the word "Leuchtweitenregulierung". Which translates to "Headlight leveling system". Since swedish is my native language I get a bit unsure what it means. On my new BMW I have Xenon lights with automatic light control. On the R170 (1999) I have a knob inside to lower the lights, but I don't think this is what is means?

So, do I need "Leuchtweitenregulierung"?
Carparts-Online GmbH - Mercedes SLK R170 KLARGLAS ANGEL EYES SCHEINWERFER CHROM

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG /2005 SLK350
6,187 Posts
This system adjusts the beams automatically depending on the load on the suspension. For example, if you put something heavy in the boot, it automatically lowers the beams so you don't blind oncoming traffic. Or if you brake suddenly it raises the beams temporarily.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This system adjusts the beams automatically depending on the load on the suspension. For example, if you put something heavy in the boot, it automatically lowers the beams so you don't blind oncoming traffic. Or if you brake suddenly it raises the beams temporarily.
OK thanks! Is there anyway I can see if I have it? Can't drive because of the snow. ?

·
*Registered
2000 SLK200K
409 Posts
If you have a knob inside to lower the lights than you do not have the auto leveling + xenons. Then you should go for H7 / H7 version of the headlights which will fit your manual beam adjustment system.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you have a knob inside to lower the lights than you do not have the auto leveling + xenons. Then you should go for H7 / H7 version of the headlights which will fit your manual beam adjustment system.
OK, I think I understand if you ment H1/H1? Carparts-Online GmbH - Mercedes SLK R170 KLARGLAS ANGEL EYES SCHEINWERFER CHROM

"Diese Scheinwerfer gibt es nur mit manueller Leuchtweitenregulierung" translates to "These headlights are only available with a manual headlamp leveling"

·
*Registered
2000 SLK200K
409 Posts
OK, I think I understand if you ment H1/H1? Carparts-Online GmbH - Mercedes SLK R170 KLARGLAS ANGEL EYES SCHEINWERFER CHROM

"Diese Scheinwerfer gibt es nur mit manueller Leuchtweitenregulierung" translates to "These headlights are only available with a manual headlamp leveling"
Probaby it will be okay for you. I was talking about the original headlights. Original has H7/H7 or H7/D2R(xenon) options. As I guess you do not have xenon setup (because you have the leveling knob) then this H1/H1 must fit your car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.