Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I thought I would pass on my experience for today. Many years ago I was a motor mechanic. Nowadays I don't have the enthusiasm to get out and get under. Therefore I took the advice offered here and decided to buy a vacuum oil pump. This afternoon I put it to the test.It was slow to draw out and took a long while but it was my fault as I let the engine cool too long before starting work and the temperature outside was around 2deg C .
Once the engine was empty I was really pleased with the result as I had to replace 5.5 litres of oil and the hand book states refill capacity with filter is 5.5 litres. So the pump had removed all the oil in the sump. So easy!
Also I replaced the cabin filter and cleaned out the heater fan housing and it was such a pleasure to work on the car as it is well designed and built.
I have been used to working on my wife's French car and dread the thought of working on modern cars but my 10yr old Merc is a dream.
Right tomorrow I will replace the brake fluid and clean up the callipers. Well as long as it's not snowing!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Likewise Byjingo, I also started using a pump for oil changes having read about it on here, and agree it makes it so much easier than rolling around the driveway. Recommend to all who read this :burnout:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.