Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So dealer said this to me today and it 2500 bucks is this in any way a reality, I have read all the PO410 threads and like what I see so far.

Atl GA.
98 slk 230
Engine swap 2 days ago
Bad motor mount

Thanks!!!!!!
DG

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,380 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message)- capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
New members and guests should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under quick links when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/

Thank you,
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,926 Posts
Wait, they did an engine swap two days ago, and now want to put a new SC on the swapped-in engine? Isn't there any kind of warranty on the engine that was just dropped in?

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
4,959 Posts
P0410, from what I google, is related to AIR pump -- I don't see the connection to the SC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great questions, Waranty yes. because of schedual coflicts it will have to be during the hollidays at the end of DEC. before I can get the dealer to diagnose it. It will be coverd but like we all said I think ist the air pump, which is not coverd:(
The Googeled results for po410 and reading here on the forum helps keep my head up.

So if the air pump is bad, would it make it run ruff? The combined issues with the car are as follows:

Feels like it wants to stall when at stop signs..., but goes away with accelaration,

broken motor mount,

po410 code/ secondary air flow bad???I called the local Autozone and they have no such part, any part number suggetions, or should I by parts with dealer.

Also I have capable mchanic skills to do most work.

Thanks Guys !!!! And Gals!!!

DG

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
My free Mac Tools app for iphone puts the P0410 code as being "Secondary Air Injection System " !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I read up on the relay, and will change that out too, I saw some part nubers for the pump so I will dig in and look those up. Thanks for the feed back.
DG

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had the same code and cleaned out the air pump (it is under the front cover on the top of the engine) and it has gone away. I broke some vacuum lines while doing it, so I replaced those as well. It has been about a year now and no more issues.

ref

·
Registered
37 Posts
See DesignoSLK's post of 3/2/09. He has pictures of the secondary air check valve he replaced. I changed mine. It had to be heated/chiseled out. But with new one in,no more p0410 code.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
4,959 Posts
OK -- I'll bite. How does one find a post for a given user on a given date? I tried advanced search and couldn't do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.