Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got hold of a 2006 c class amg steering wheel its identical to the steering wheel on my 2005 slk 350 only it as the paddles that go up on the right side and down on left the steering wheel was complete with airbag so that made things so much easier to do as you don't need to mess about with the wiring is the signal comes from the airbag compartment for the paddles and it all works fine with no errors so now I have paddles that work as they should so happy days

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK350
799 Posts
well i got hold of a 2006 c class amg steering wheel its identical to the steering wheel on my 2005 slk 350 only it as the paddles that go up on the right side and down on left the steering wheel was complete with airbag so that made things so much easier to do as you don't need to mess about with the wiring is the signal comes from the airbag compartment for the paddles and it all works fine with no errors so now I have paddles that work as they should so happy days
This is exactly the same mod as I did, except my car didn't have paddles in the first place! No need to change the airbag as the standard one has the same sockets (the new paddles just use 2 of the 3 wires in each plug).
http://www.slkworld.com/general-modifications-r171/398681-retro-fit-gear-shift-buttons-onto-steering-wheel.html
Best thing I ever did to the car and I've never understood why MB fitted the double shift switches in the first place, proper one-way paddles are much better. :smile:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts