Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
*Registered
2009 SLK280 SLK Auto Silver
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Searched for this but couldn't see an answer. Lower centre console has a light at the rear but I cannot find how to take the cover off as bulb has gone.
Is brute force and ignorance required as I'll be ahead of the game then:laugh:

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts
you have to stick a small flathead screwdriver in the side and pry/pop it off

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts

·
*Registered
2009 SLK280 SLK Auto Silver
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that. Will try with keys in 2 tomorrow and then change bulb if not lit. Didn't see an indent/slot but I didn't have my specs on:nerd::laugh:

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts
it is pretty dark in there
and deeeeep

·
* Founding Member #2
2008 SLK55 AMG
19,485 Posts
IIRC the light in the center console lower/large storage bin is LED. A small flat head screwdriver and a good light source/torch will help because it is certainly dark in there (because of the black felt-like lining). This light is on when key is in position 0 or 1.
Look for a small indent at the narrow side of the vertical rectangle. If there is none, on the North American 2008 R171, where the center console is only a single large chamber (unlike the earlier model years). look at the upper edge of the black felt lining and you may see small indent in which one can place the flat head screwdriver and slowly pry off the back wall (of the storage compartment).

Make sure you empty everything out the the storage bin/compartment before you start work as the space is limited.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.