Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched using the criteria above using google and this website as the target, but have failed to come up with any previous posts. I have wiring diagrams that come from a program I'm using that allows me to save the document as a PDF. The wires show up in various colors, but the majority are white. The background is black on the drawing. I don't want to use up a cartridge of black ink in order to print the drawing and besides, I like to take notes on my diagrams as I'm working. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on changing the background color from black to white without losing the ability to see the wire path (since wires show up white on the diagram)? Please and thank you.

KK

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,575 Posts
I have searched using the criteria above using google and this website as the target, but have failed to come up with any previous posts. I have wiring diagrams that come from a program I'm using that allows me to save the document as a PDF. The wires show up in various colors, but the majority are white. The background is black on the drawing. I don't want to use up a cartridge of black ink in order to print the drawing and besides, I like to take notes on my diagrams as I'm working. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on changing the background color from black to white without losing the ability to see the wire path (since wires show up white on the diagram)? Please and thank you.

KK
put that pdf on a memory stick
take to kinkos, ups store, staples

let them use up their ink for a small price :D

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Reminds me of the illumination in 'A Canticle for Leibowitz'. :wink:

·
Registered
450 Posts
You could try taking a screen shot of the PDF diagram, pasting it into a drawing program like Paint, saving it, then opening it in a program like Picasa that allows you to invert the colors, saving the inverted colors version and using a program like Open Office to insert the inverted colors picture into a text file and saving that text file as a PDF. Only downside would be that all the colors get inverted, not just black and white.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts