Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Challenge's new Michelin Pilot Pilot Super Sports were mounted on Saturday morning. Purchased from Tire Rack at about 100$ less than at local tire stores and will receive an additional 70$ incentive in the post. No sales tax (saved 60$) since they were shipped from Indiana to Illinois, but shipping washed that savings.

The Tire Rack staff was very helpful. Tires were ordered at lunch time last Friday and arrived via UPS the following Monday at mid day. Neal Tire mounted and road force balanced the tires for 80$ (plus a dozen good will donuts). Hats off to Mechanic Andy who took exceptional care doing the work by hand. He even cleaned the brake dust off the inside of the rims. Cost wise I'm happy with the whole deal.

Saturday was warm and sunny so I spent some time breaking in the tires. My initial impression is that they are much more quiet and smooth than the Conti CS3 tires they replaced. Of course the Contis were almost to the wear bars.

I'll know more about performance when it warms up a little. We had snow on Sunday and again today. I'm gonna sue that Ground Hog.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At 19K this was the second set of rears and the original fronts. Wear was super even across the tread on all four with no feathering. Rears were near the wear bars and fronts had about 2mm remaining to the wear bars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts