Before he shut it down

Picture is coming up to light where I found him

Still out driving
Might be more

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
We should have met when I had an Shelby #CSX3300 , It was an 428 for about a week until I found an well built 427. I was so smart I sold it in 1972 with 5800 miles on it, back with the factory 428 @ $10K to fund an new Pantera, that lasted for a year. I have many true stories of how smart I was. Two years latter I sold my 1971 Miura S @ $16K. Now I need to buy old cars, too poor!

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see my Shelby thread :D

·
Registered
997 Posts
Pulled up next to charger rt
He had fat tires
Guess he is game
Gave me more of a fight than Shelby
But never got past my door
Before he shut it down

Picture is coming up to light where I found him
Still out driving
Might be more
That is a Challenger, not a Charger.
I had a 2006 Charger R/T and my 2005 SLK350 is a smidge quicker. I can only imagine what a 55 is like. Now the 2012 and newer SRT8 Chargers and Challengers...

·
93,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a Challenger, not a Charger.
I had a 2006 Charger R/T and my 2005 SLK350 is a smidge quicker. I can only imagine what a 55 is like. Now the 2012 and newer SRT8 Chargers and Challengers...
i can never tell them apart. same body style anyway :D

·
93,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have more horses and less weight :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
My AC Cobra weighed in @ 2552 LBS, I did not dyno, but the street talk told me it was very fast. With big fat soft tires all around, it would also turn an corner.

Be careful of what you put in print, it can bite. I have enjoyed the sport of fast cars all of my life. I did grow up in the 1960's. I have been lucky enough to have had many friends in law enforcement, even when I had my very much modded 911 turbo in our house in Venice, Fl.

Many utube runs have had to pay the price $$$, be careful.

After loosing a few golf cart races on our airport, I quietly put an Honda 750 CC under the seat of my Club Car, problem solved. It was a sleeper. Didn't worry about laws there, did have worries of death, so sold it after an year.

·
93,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I beat that Hellcat! see that thread. I don't know if he was using the red or black key. Not my problemo :D

·
93,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My AC Cobra weighed in @ 2552 LBS, I did not dyno, but the street talk told me it was very fast. With big fat soft tires all around, it would also turn an corner.

Be careful of what you put in print, it can bite. I have enjoyed the sport of fast cars all of my life. I did grow up in the 1960's. I have been lucky enough to have had many friends in law enforcement, even when I had my very much modded 911 turbo in our house in Venice, Fl.

Many utube runs have had to pay the price $$$, be careful.

After loosing a few golf cart races on our airport, I quietly put an Honda 750 CC under the seat of my Club Car, problem solved. It was a sleeper. Didn't worry about laws there, did have worries of death, so sold it after an year.
You mean my buddies?

·
93,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nope just oem weight from owner's manual
everything stock but supercharger really

2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG/Curb weight
3,472 lbs

old exhaust n pipes out
headers in and down n straight pipes

·
Registered
997 Posts
nope just oem weight from owner's manual
everything stock but supercharger really

2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG/Curb weight
3,472 lbs

old exhaust n pipes out
headers in and down n straight pipes
Thanks. That is light, but probably more than my 1967 El Camino, all that safety/noise suppression adds up.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Challenger RT

You just keep slaying them, lol. Well done. From what I have seen the Challenger RT is not that fast. It is pig heavy (over 4k lbs). I think they are a mid to high 13sec car in the 1/4 on a good day and 0-60 times in the mid 5's. That is on par with an old school stock 440 R/T Challenger. Weight is a killer. Even the old school street Hemi (426/425hp) Challenger was only a 13 flat car in stock form. Fast for the day but, that was then, lol. Plus they struggle to put down their massive power with the tires of the day. Might do better today with a decent set of Micky-T's on it.

Our local Sherriff raced a bunch of street rods at a charity 1/8mi drag race with his Hemi Charger popo car. It has the same platform and engine as the R/T Challenger and similar weight. It is not slow, but in 10 races, he lost all of them. I think most of his runs were in the high 8's in the 1/8th. That should translate to mid to high 13's in the 1/4. A blown SLK is gonna murder that, I think. Even the stock SLK55 beats it as long as you don't be sleeping off the line. Mine ran mid 8's with a best of 8.4sec.

Irish

·
93,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
post in off topic :D

·
93,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know. I have been watching you :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts