Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't remember if I ever posted any of these, but here's a landing I made at Kadena AB in Japan. Winds were 030 @ 12kts gusting to 18. I was landing on 5L, so there wasn't a great crosswind angle, but it was certainly there and demanding my attention.

Once I get back in the air here shortly, I'll post more of the German countryside...enjoy!

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Wish I kept my vid of flying out to the deer stands. I held the camcorder and rotated the camcorder. Everyone that saw the vid thought we rolled the plane just before landing! ROFLOL

SLKman:tu:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:biglaugh: Kevin, nice approach and soft landing. Didn't hear a "whew" on touch down. I've done the same thing, hundreds of times. Only difference, I was using Microsoft Flight Simulator. I've flown many times with my brother-in-law. I enjoy it, but even with the flight simulator experience, it's much harder than it looks. Stay safe when up above.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
cool video Kevin! i love flying (as a passenger); my preference is rotary wing, but small planes come in a close second. spirited airtime with some positive and negative g's beats any rollercoaster on the planet!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Cool Video, thank you for sharing. Did you like going to Japan?

Ive heared that its an interesting place to visit for holiday.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
cool, but im quite a nervous flyer and that would scare the pants out of me. i have flown a bull dog before and quite enjoyed it.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...Stay safe when up above.
Thanks Don!

cool video Kevin! i love flying (as a passenger); my preference is rotary wing, but small planes come in a close second. spirited airtime with some positive and negative g's beats any rollercoaster on the planet!
I've only had one person get sick in my plane out of probably 40 people I've taken up.

Cool Video, thank you for sharing. Did you like going to Japan?

Ive heared that its an interesting place to visit for holiday.
We probably could have enjoyed Okinawa more if we hadn't just spent 3 years in Germany. We were about cultured out by the time we got to Japan. Add to the fact the wife and I both had knuckleheads for bosses. The flying kept me sane. However, a visit would probably be a nice vacation. There's a huge difference b/w mainland Japan and Okinawa. Okinawa is like a disgruntled step-child. Although, mainlanders still go there for summer vacation...go figure.

cool, but im quite a nervous flyer and that would scare the pants out of me. i have flown a bull dog before and quite enjoyed it.
I'd take good care of you...lol. What's a "bull dog"?
Just for you Kevin.:rockon:

SLKman:tu:
:biglaugh: ...I guess thats like the "plane" that could. very cool!!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Designo SLK, I plan to travel to Norway and Japan someday.

Going to Norway might be fun for snow, since ive never seen snow in my whole life and to see how the standards are living is for a country that has the highest GDP per capita. I would like to go to Japan jus to see hows life there with the technoogy and business.

I just knew that Japan is a NIC and considered with the Tiger countries.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Neat video Kevin, but your rotor system is in the wrong place. Bet you can't hover. Flyin is the most fun you can have with your pants on!!! Over 20k hours and counting in past 40 years. Back seats suck (Denver trip) even in 777. Give me the front seat view any day.:tu: :tu:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.