Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am new to this thread and wondered if i could get some advice. I have just bought a 1998 SLK 230. The seller told me that there was a problem with alarm going off intermittently and as a result, his mechanic disabled the central locking system.

I have been looking at various threads here and people often suggest that it is either a faulty battery in the alarm sounder itself or the PSE pump. I have had a quick feel of the PSE pump in the boot and the foam and pump both look and feel completely dry.

I have also checked and the central locking fuse is in place. The seller did not remember how the central locking was disabled as his wife got it done from a local garage.

I need some info on two things and would be grateful for guidance.

1. Where is the alarm siren located in this car? It is a UK model and some indication of the precise location will be very helpful.

2. What methods can be used to disable the central locking system apart from removing the central locking fuse. As the fuse is in place, I am trying to figure out what someone must have done to disable it.

Kind Regards

Ann

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.