Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have had my SLK for a few weeks I'm starting to notice little stuff that needs looking after. The center console in the car looks like someone has tried to remove it maybe to see if the cars radio's arial is plugged in cos it's not to good at bringing in stations but that's for another time. Who ever did what they did the wood ingrain seems to be loose in places what should I use to glue it back tight in place. Or is it suppose to be loose so it can be removed.
F)
Thanks

Bill

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
No, it shouldn't be "loose". I just had my center console removed to install an aftermarket nav system and even though it took 5 hours for them to complete I can say there is nothing that's loose.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chick just so we are on the same page on mine it is just the wood ingrain that is coming loose in places not the whole center colsole? None should be loose is that what you are saying. If it is then whats the best way to glue it back down I wonder. Contact cement maybe kazy glue. Any ideas

Thanks again.:Beer::tu:

·
Minion
5,602 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
... it is just the wood ingrain that is coming loose in places not the whole center console? ...
Do you mean that the wood/veener is delaminating? meaning the "sandwich" layers are separating, so the wood is kind of bubbled up at the edges? I have that problem in one spot, left rear corner of the lower center console - left and rearwards of the shift lever. I've been meaning to pull it out again, squirt some glue (probably wood glue) between the separating layers and then clamp it tight until it dries (sandwiching the corner between two scrap wood pieces (1x3 pine laying about) and squeezing with c-clamps, with some cloth between the scrap wood and veneer to protect it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes that is correct I'll take a look this week end and see if I can get wood glue in there. If not may just use some kazy glue on the corners for now.:tu:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.