Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Between the driver and passenger is a "center console" where the Mercedes phone would be (I don't have the phone option). The lid will hinge on either side so it can swing open toward or away from the driver.

Today it jammed and would not fully close however I was able to wiggle it around and it came off. I've examined it carefully and don't see or hear any evidence of a broken or missing part.

The slide bar which switches the hinge engagement moves easily in one direction but not much in the other direction. I don't know if this is normal or a sign of some internal damage to this slide bar.

Assuming there is no damage how do I reinstall the lid? It appears the passenger side on the rear has to go in first but the space for it to fit in is very narrow. I need the hinge pin/bar to retract a bit but it doesn't seem to retract enough. Is there a way to do this?

I'm probably not using the correct terms above, maybe an exploded view would help. Thank you.

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
105,056 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The counter sink (as shown in the service bulletin) with a little lub and a little more force worked. I only used the counter sink on the passenger side since the driver's side hinge pin is a little shorter.

Thanks for the links.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.