92,895 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,895 Posts
I was going to give him that link but he said 75mm and all i saw were r171 72mm

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am pretty sure he has both sizes. The ones I got was for my 18" rims on my R172, and they fit perfectly! And by the way, they have the best customer service I have met in a very long time :) Good luck!

(Next project; the "Star". Just received it from amazon for less than $80 bucks (with a promo). It fits perfectly, and looks really, really good, can't tell from original expect for the LEDs of course. Just waiting for my Fuse tap (add a fuse) so I can light it up for real, So far just tested with the charger, and it shone bright. Pics to follow...

This is the Star I got.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SRFXKV6/ref=pe_1843280_143642020_em_1p_0_ti )

See steel grey wheel caps below.

Attachments

·
92,895 Posts
Well his r171 section has a wheel cap section but his r172 does not.

And yes, Jerry does give great customer service.

·
92,895 Posts
I sent Jerry an email about your kind words

----- Original Message -----
To: 'Jerry Jones'
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2015 8:48 AM
Subject: Kind words for you

Hi Jerry,

Just wanted you to see the kind words one of our members has for you Formymercedes

Post 4 n 6 and mine in post 7

http://www.slkworld.com/general-modifications-r172/260986-center-caps-replacement-18-a.html#post2212041

You should be a sponsor!

Slkworld.com

Have a great day!

Jeff
Thank all for the kind words Jeff...

Jerry

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yep,

U R right , but if you go under the R172 and chose "view all", they show there as well. Confusing... Anyhow, I measured mine and they are 75mm on the outer rim, and I guess fit a 72mm hole, which I guess i what I have.

:)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Do we treat these as disposable items? None of the cars I looked at while shopping for mine, including mine, but not a 2015 at a MB dealer, had nice caps.

I did a search on 66 47 0201 (worked better without spaces) and found sets of 4 shipped from China starting at $8 up to over $100 for genuine MB parts. All seem to be 75mm plastic, so what are people having good luck with?

·
92,895 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Do we treat these as disposable items? None of the cars I looked at while shopping for mine, including mine, but not a 2015 at a MB dealer, had nice caps.

I did a search on 66 47 0201 (worked better without spaces) and found sets of 4 shipped from China starting at $8 up to over $100 for genuine MB parts. All seem to be 75mm plastic, so what are people having good luck with?
I have two MB cars and have got the $8 ones from China. Looks great and fit perfect. They have lasted a couple years now and no problems. Figured I could buy a lot of these for the $100 MB wants.

Like the one Jbanks has the carbon fiber look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts