Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some CRC cleaner and had cleaned my MAF several times in the past 6 months. I notice an improvement after cleaning, but my CEL still is on no matter what. I am starting to think the MAF is toast.

I have read the threads on people replacing their MAF, but they never state which one they used. Most people have said that only OEM works, but a few people here and there have used non OEM and had fine results.

Do I have to clear to the code with a scanner or will it go away by itself?

And on a side note, what is the part number for the screws that hold the fender liner on? The one right by the jack mounds by the front wheels is starting to droop because the screw came out, or whoever had it before me forgot to put it back on.

I am also looking for 170-885-03-21-9999 in Magma Red, most sites only sell you a primed piece. It is the front left front bumper impact strip that holds the side marker light. Mine got hit and messed up.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Got some CRC cleaner and had cleaned my MAF several times in the past 6 months. I notice an improvement after cleaning, but my CEL still is on no matter what. I am starting to think the MAF is toast.

I have read the threads on people replacing their MAF, but they never state which one they used. Most people have said that only OEM works, but a few people here and there have used non OEM and had fine results.

Do I have to clear to the code with a scanner or will it go away by itself?
Yes, you have to clear the code with a scanner. As I recall, I did that to mine when I got it and it worked for awhile but then started throwing codes. I replaced it with an aftermarket and it's been fine for 40,000 miles. It's possible you may have different issues other than the maf. A code reader will tell the tale.

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320/2000 SLK230
2,719 Posts
To read and clear codes on my 320, I use a $12 mini dongle and Torque Pro ($5.99) on my Samsung Galaxy.

For a MAF I would use only a correct Bosch since connector(s) and fitment will be right. For more expensive assemblies I prefer good/used/factory to cheap/new/aftermarket but then where I live, things essentially do not rust. If a MAF problem you will often see both P0170 and P0173. Together they indicate an intake issue.

This one was just over $100 all in from Amazon (their prices vary hourly). However would expect a 230 to need a different one and does not have two banks so YMMV.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.