Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
About a year and a half ago, I purchased a CDI Computorq3 torque wrench. I thought I was getting a good tool since CDI is a division of Snap-On. I used the wrench about 15 times, mainly for brakes and oil filter tightening. Still looks new, no scratches, nothing. Turned it on, got an error code (Errro). I called the CDI repair facility and was advised that the error code meant that the wrench had been "over torqued". I explained that I never went over 20 or 25 foot pounds and this was rated 10-100 ft. pounds. The customer service representative said that "over torqued" meant that if I set the wrench to 20 pounds and went to 25 pounds, it was over torqued and damaged. Is this correct? They advised me that I could send it back with $100.00 and they would fix it, as the warranty was only one year. Really, for a $350.00 wrench that I used 15 times? They said it was not how many times I used it, but rather that I had over-torqued it. Is any of their information correct? Hate to throw good money after bad, but it worked great until it did not.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
About a year and a half ago, I purchased a CDI Computorq3 torque wrench. I thought I was getting a good tool since CDI is a division of Snap-On. I used the wrench about 15 times, mainly for brakes and oil filter tightening. Still looks new, no scratches, nothing. Turned it on, got an error code (Errro). I called the CDI repair facility and was advised that the error code meant that the wrench had been "over torqued". I explained that I never went over 20 or 25 foot pounds and this was rated 10-100 ft. pounds. The customer service representative said that "over torqued" meant that if I set the wrench to 20 pounds and went to 25 pounds, it was over torqued and damaged. Is this correct? They advised me that I could send it back with $100.00 and they would fix it, as the warranty was only one year. Really, for a $350.00 wrench that I used 15 times? They said it was not how many times I used it, but rather that I had over-torqued it. Is any of their information correct? Hate to throw good money after bad, but it worked great until it did not.
I take it you mean snap - on as in tools . :smile:

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,846 Posts
I will fix it

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,846 Posts
Good morning to you! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts