Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
*Registered
2005 SLK350
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shortly after acquiring our 2005 350, the in-dash CD player stopped functioning. There is a disc in it that will not play or eject. Initially, the unit did play.
We also have the factory multi-disc changer in the glove box which works as it is supposed to so the in-dash non-functioning unit has not been an issue. With that said, I would still like to get it working. Could it possibly be something as simple as a fuse and if so, which one? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Founding Member 2006
108,881 Posts
We always recommend rebooting the car and that should fix it :D

disconnect neg cable for a minimum of 30 minutes
reconnect cable
synch windows and reset clock
see if cd pops out after turning on cd player and hitting eject button

·
Founding Member 2006
108,881 Posts
so after battery being disconnected at least 30 mins, you immediately turned cd player on and hit eject? and nothing happened?
no whirring? nothing? no lights on cd player?

have you checked all fuses? back of cd player also?

Ok. I'm done. others will chime in I am sure

·
*Registered
2005 SLK350
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so after battery being disconnected at least 30 mins, you immediately turned cd player on and hit eject? and nothing happened? no whirring? nothing? no lights on cd player?

Unfortunately, disconnecting the battery isn't a cure-all for electrical issues. No, there is no noise, etc., but the display does say "CD Error".

have you checked all fuses? back of cd player also?

I don't know what fuses to check. Please supply the appropriate numbers.

Ok. I'm done. others will chime in I am sure[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,881 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.