Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Flat Roof and 2 Cats that are not mine ( Strays or somebody,s Cats) and let me say upfront I do not hate Cat,s but I am not a Cat Person like my British Friend. She got more Cats in and around the house then you will find Germans in Lederhosen in London.

Them darn Cats love to hang out on my roof party bring women over and watch me from the edge of the roof when I work in my yard. Talking about creepy kinda reminds me when I was in the former GDR/DDR keepn an eye on them East Germans.:grin::grin:

And of Course they drive all them hounds nuts day and night but now the start poopn in the yard and we all know how it smells and how the hounds smell when they roll in it.:surprise::surprise:

I tried everything to keep them out of the yard nothing works does anybody have an idea or an old wifes tale how to make them move on before I go out and buy a tank to blow the roof off with them darn.......:soap::soap::soap: Cats on it??

I think I will have the FBI over here in no time when I roll up in a tank and aim at my roof i try to void them at all cause if possible so a good Wife,s Tale might be a more practical solution.

·
Super Moderator
10,964 Posts
If they do their biz in your flower beds, cayenne pepper spread liberally throughtout is said to discourage them.

Pepper was a bit too expensive for me so what I did was got a few packages of wood skewers like shisk ka bob sticks.

Stuck them in the ground 2-3" apart so they couldn't squat.

Like punjii sticks. Surely you've seen The Deer Hunter??

That worked well.

·
Registered
654 Posts
How about a couple of those battery operated motion sensor ultrasonic rodent repellent things. Cats have supersonic hearing so I'm sure they won't like it.

Maya via Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for all the great feedback now keep in mind those *&^%$% cat,s are Ghetto Rats they are not afraid of anything and they peddle cat nip in the alley at night.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Ok, tranquilizer dart, then transport them to the other side of town, or state for extra safety, release them on open land and make sure they don't follow you back!

Maya via Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ok, tranquilizer dart, then transport them to the other side of town, or state for extra safety, release them on open land and make sure they don't follow you back!

Maya via Tapatalk
We moved to the other side of town one time and took our cat with us. For the next several months the cat would often come up missing and we would go back to the old house gather him up and bring him back to our new home only to find him gone again shortly thereafter.

Cats are territorial, they stake out their territory and do everything in their power to reign over it.

At this time, there's a neighbors cat that continuously stalks birds under a feeder in our yard that I've tried, without success, to discourage. GOOD LUCK

I remember a country song about a cat that someone was trying to get rid of from back in the late 50's, it went something like this:

Now old Lee More had troubles of his own, he had a noble cat that wouldn't leave home. He tied it in a sack and threw it in a pond - The very next day the cat came home - etc. etc.

Best to sit back and enjoy the cats or move to get away from them - Unlike a dog, they will not follow you.

Dennis

·
Registered
654 Posts
We moved to the other side of town one time and took our cat with us. For the next several months the cat would often come up missing and we would go back to the old house gather him up and bring him back to our new home only to find him gone again shortly thereafter.

Cats are territorial, they stake out their territory and do everything in their power to reign over it.

At this time, there's a neighbors cat that continuously stalks birds under a feeder in our yard that I've tried, without success, to discourage. GOOD LUCK

I remember a country song about a cat that someone was trying to get rid of from back in the late 50's, it went something like this:

Now old Lee More had troubles of his own, he had a noble cat that wouldn't leave home. He tied it in a sack and threw it in a pond - The very next day the cat came home - etc. etc.

Best to sit back and enjoy the cats or move to get away from them - Unlike a dog, they will not follow you.

Dennis
Love em or hate em! I have had a cat for 35 years (not the same one) so I know how they think. Determined little monsters!

·
Registered
434 Posts

Dennis

There are several versions of this, but this is the one I remember...

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
If you can access the roof they sit on, Either Lion poo on the roof, or spray human urine up there. We have a problem here with foxes. they like to poo in the most unusual places, like on the wheel of your wheely bin ! In the middle of the tile covering your drain grill, or on your newly laid pea shingle around the driveway !!! Pee in a spray bottle and spray it about a bit.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Is there animal control where you live? If not, perhaps a "cat lovers group".? Either one might be able to trap them & move them somewhere else. You might check around with local vets, hardware stores or tool rental shops. See if they have humane traps for rent or purchase.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts