Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Bay Area folk, does anyone ever meet up at Cars and Coffee at Santana Row in San Jose? I understand that there is a meet every Saturday from 10:00am to 12:00 between Starbucks and Pete's. I am thinking of going this Saturday. Never been to one. Anyone want to join in?

I saw this car that was at a February, 2011 C&C at the dealership last April when I bought my SLK. There were cones and ropes around it with signs that said "Please don't touch, SOLD", I asked, but they wouldn't say who they sold it too. Who every it was goes to C&C. Clicky Here

I think we need a little SLK representation here! If nothing else, we can look at some cool machines and meet some new people.

·
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am going to try again to go to Cars and Coffee at Santana Row on Saturday, 04/02/11. Didn't even try the last time I posted because the weather was so lousy. This weekend should be a different story as spring has finally sprung!

It would be fun to see some SLK representation. Anyone?????

·
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cars & Coffee - Santana Row 04/02/2011

Stopped by my first Cars and Coffee today at Santana Row on my way to work. It wasn't a huge turnout, considering it was the first dry Saturday that we have seen here in the bay area in quite some time. None the less, there were some beautiful machines and I met some very nice people. Unfortunately, the only Mercedes Benz representation was an SL 55///AMG and my SLK. But we were in good company.....here are a few pics.

Attachments

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Nice line of metal! There were a bunch of 30's, 40's and 50's classics out and about today enjoying the sun, but almost all were classic American's, and unfortunately headed int he opposite direction I was headed...

·
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, and of course we can't forget the Mercedes Benz representation :tu:

Actually, the SLK had a crowd around it for awhile. I just sat back and watched people look at her......amazing how many people, even car buffs, have not taken a close look at the SLK until they have one staring them in the face, and then they all say the same thing.....what a beautiful automobile!

Attachments

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Steven - not sure I've said it before, but your car is *stunning* with the top down! As an aside, I was out shooting with a friend earlier today at BassPro, and came out to the '55 to find to teenagers taking pictures! I've no clue what it is, but my Black beauty never attracted the level of attention the Firemist baby is!?

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
The SLK gets looks, depends on the place. My car is black, it gets stares most when they see it coming with the dark headlights and the clean black exterior or when they listen to the exhaust when I gun it.

·
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the nice remarks everyone. And John, thank you again, as you have complimented my car before. The pics that I take of her do not do the paint justice. The Mystic White looks much different (and more beautiful) in person. It is actually more than a pearl, the best way to describe it would be a "silver" white. When the sun hits it, or a street light in the black of night, it gets a different kind of glow, and almost a matte finish. It is hard to explain, and you really have to see it to know what I am talking about. That coupled with the unusual interior of contrasting black and SNOW WHITE (which almost all comment on the work it must take to keep it snow white), then the car is debadged which adds a bit of mystery, a few Piecha mods. not often seen, no doubt she is different. I think that is where the stares come from.

Plus, Firemist Red, Mystic White, any of the designo colors for that matter, are not often seen and command attention. Mo, you are also right about the sound of a vehicle! What better way to make a grand entrance or exit, which is one of the reasons I see exhaust as a "near future" mod.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Thanks for the nice remarks everyone. And John, thank you again, as you have complimented my car before. The pics that I take of her do not do the paint justice. The Mystic White looks much different (and more beautiful) in person. It is actually more than a pearl, the best way to describe it would be a "silver" white. When the sun hits it, or a street light in the black of night, it gets a different kind of glow, and almost a matte finish. It is hard to explain, and you really have to see it to know what I am talking about. That coupled with the unusual interior of contrasting black and SNOW WHITE (which almost all comment on the work it must take to keep it snow white), then the car is debadged which adds a bit of mystery, a few Piecha mods. not often seen, no doubt she is different. I think that is where the stares come from.

Plus, Firemist Red, Mystic White, any of the designo colors for that matter, are not often seen and command attention. Mo, you are also right about the sound of a vehicle! What better way to make a grand entrance or exit, which is one of the reasons I see exhaust as a "near future" mod.
I think it would look nice if you get the SLK55 rear with the 3 tinted taillight, AMG tail lights and the rear amg diffusser with the quad exhaust for an oem subtle look.

·
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it would look nice if you get the SLK55 rear with the 3 tinted taillight, AMG tail lights and the rear amg diffusser with the quad exhaust for an oem subtle look.
I agree, and the 3rd tint tail/AMG tail light for sure. But already spent money on the rear diffusor, just wondering if it could be shaved to accommodate the quad exhaust?

·
Registered 2012 SLK250-gone
1,211 Posts
UPDATE:

1. Santana Row Cars & Coffee ~ really doesn't have coffee but has cars :) usually every Saturday on days that it's nice out, there is a car meet *across the street* from Santana Row in the theatre parking adjacent to the Winchester Mystery House. Meeting times usually start around 9:30 and go until 12 noon or sometimes 1:30 depending on the turn out. There can be anywhere from 12 cars to 100+ cars.

2. EuroSunday EastBay ~ 1 Sunday per month they meet somewhere near BlackHawk museum - check their MeetUp website

3. EuroSunday SiliconValley ~ They meet 1 Sunday per month - off Portola Valley Rd - more info about these meet ups below

4. Club Auto Sport ~ They meet I believe at least 1x Sunday per month starting in April going until September or so. More info below
There's an email list for SF Bay Area car enthusiasts called Big Toys and Big Boys (obviously women are allowed cuz I've crashed their meet ups a lot) - you can get on it and they can email you updates on what's going on in the Bay Area every weekend.

Here's the BigBoys & BigToys link.

Have a great day!

p.s. I usually show up to the Santana Row meet ups and some of the EuroSunday meets (the EuroSunday ones I usually attend during the Summer and the Club Auto Sport ones are widely attended).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts