Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on going to Cars and coffee this Saturday.... 8/4
anyone one else want to go?
I might be up for that. I heard you have to get there fantastically early though. What time were you planning to get there?

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Mate has dental appointment 8/4 Saturday, otherwise would like to meet-up.

·
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live downtown san diego.. I'm thinking 5:30 also joining us is nice M roadster.
5:30 arrival in Irvine? Or is that when you plan to take off from SD? From what I understand you have to get there by 6am to see the cars come in, by 7:30 it will be rammed and by 8 people will start to leave. At 9am there will be no one left. Man, that is godawful early, yikes :D.

·
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow... OK, I'll tentatively say yes to this. This meet better be amazing :D.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Great event on saturday morning here in Vegas. Bunch of car club showing off their rides. Corvettes, Cobras, Lotuses,Juguars, Lambos, Ferrares, Offroad jeeps. Last week there were 2 SLK. I intoduced our website and they are happy to join in.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
I must be crazy volunteering to get up at work time on Saturday, but I will plan to be there as well. Have to see Durk's new mods.

Do we want to meet up somewhere and park the SLKs together or just wing it?

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
Sorry guys but I would have to leave between 10:00 and 11:00 pm on Friday to make it on time. As it is for you SoCal folks, at that time it's a roll out of bed, grap a cup of coffee, morning constitution :) , throw on a pair of shorts and a tee-shirt, brush your teeth and its off to the races, hair sticking up (providing you have hair) and all!

·
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do we want to meet up somewhere and park the SLKs together or just wing it?
We should probably just meet up at the event. If we put in another pre-meet-up-meet-up, we have to get up even earlier! We can txt at the event in case it's already busy enough to make it hard to find each other. I'll do a PM blast to SoCal members tonight to see if anyone else is interested in sacrificing a good night's sleep to hang out with car freaks :D.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
We should probably just meet up at the event. If we put in another pre-meet-up-meet-up, we have to get up even earlier! We can txt at the event in case it's already busy enough to make it hard to find each other. I'll do a PM blast to SoCal members tonight to see if anyone else is interested in sacrificing a good night's sleep to hang out with car freaks :D.
No problem, sounds good. You guys are getting up really early already.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
52 Posts
Great event on saturday morning here in Vegas. Bunch of car club showing off their rides. Corvettes, Cobras, Lotuses,Juguars, Lambos, Ferrares, Offroad jeeps. Last week there were 2 SLK. I intoduced our website and they are happy to join in.
I will do Cars and Coffee this weekend. When and where is this event in Las Vegas? I'm moving there as soon as escrow closes!

--Tony

·
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent Tony, will be nice to meet you.

So far I have the following in the way of a roll-call.

- coopslk (+friend)
- Durkatlon
- ponia003
- le5lieb
- Wildrider49

I'm considering everyone tentative as I'm pretty sure that for everyone it hinges on how warm their bed feels when they are rudely awakened on Saturday morning :D.

If you plan on coming, please add your name to the list so we know who to look out for! Should be a great meet. I saw on the Cars & Coffee forum that a tuner outfit from Newport Beach plans to bring some custom Bentley GT that they are working on.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
So far I have the following in the way of a roll-call.

- coopslk (+friend)
- Durkatlon
- ponia003
- le5lieb
- Wildrider49
- etyu

I will be at the on Gateway road at the corner with Alton Parkway maybe a few minutes before 6 am, (don't know if Dan aka ponia003 wants to meet here or not) and wait on the arrival of the caravan from San Diego.

I will be leaving Cars and Coffee at around 7:30 am :)

·
Registered
902 Posts
I will do Cars and Coffee this weekend. When and where is this event in Las Vegas? I'm moving there as soon as escrow closes!

--Tony[/QUOT
This is located at the Sansone shopping mall parking lot on Eastern Ave and St Rose Pkwy. Because of big crowd, most nice restuarant open early for good breakfast.:Beer:

·
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pictures!! Was a great meet. Nice to finally meet Jamie ("coopslk") and Tony ("Wildryder49") and their friends/relatives that tagged along for the ride, along with familiar faces, Eddy, Dan, Leslie.

This picture selection is really very random. There were SOOOO many cool cars there I could post the pictures all day long. Some of my personal favorites, and some shots of a surprise visit to a Lexus office where there was an LFA waiting for us. Holy crap!!

SLK Row :D

Some overview shots of the event.

Factory 5.

Enzo. The only car that took up 2 parking spots. I don't think people complained. I'd take up 2 spots as well if I drove my 1.5 million dollar toy to a show like this.

Ferrari row.

Ultima Can-Am.

Crazy tuned Charger.

Classic Porsche Carrera 6.

Slammed Hot-Rod.

More pix and video in next post.

Attachments

·
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some more pix and a video of the LFA at the end.

There was a Woodie Club of SoCal special event section. This is just a small sampling of the cars that they had there. It seemed almost a mandatory thing to have 2 longboards permanently attached to the roofrack on these things.

Ferrari Italia. Interestingly enough this thing was parked in what is essentially the "Bleachers" section: a little overflow parking area separate from the main event area. There were several Ferraris, an Audo R8, a classic Rolls Royce and many other cool cars parked here, but noone was really there to admire them. The take-away here is that if you want to exhibit your car you really need to get there before 6am, which we did.

300SL

Hennesy GT

This could be the new forum logo! One of each model :D. This was after half our group had left and it was just me, Leslie and Jamie.

And the special treat was our little side visit to the Lexus offices in Irvine to take a look at this LFA. As you can see, Leslie is considering a sale of the SLK32 to raise the necessary funds for this purchase :D.

And we also got to hear this beast in action. Nice exhaust note, holy crap...

All in all a very memorable show visit. It was definitely worth getting up at 3:45 in the morning for. It really is astounding the cars that show up for this event which is held every single week!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
Nice pictures Durk (as usual).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great pictures Durk! Another great SLK get-together; nice meeting Jamie and Tony, et al and seeing the others again. The LFA was a special surprise - it's nice to know people. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts