Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that there are many newbies on this site who may have ordered new SLKs and who might like to track their car as it is shipped over to the US or other countries.

My car came over on a ship owned by Wallenius Wilhemsen. Mercedes contracts with a couple of shippers but most of the cars are shipped by this company. Using the link listed below I was able to enter my VIN and track the car from the time it was assigned to WW for shipment. The link told me what ship it was on, when the ship left port, Bremerhaven in my case, and when the ship and my car reached Baltimore for delivery. It spent a week or so in Baltimore getting the Serius radio installed and then being transported to Illinois.

I hope this info is useful for someone. You'll have to roam around the site until you find "auto cargo" and then enter your VIN. It will give you the tracking info.

If you don't know your VIN, shame on your dealer rep. The dealers should be keeping you informed. Once your car clears production it is assigned a unique VIN and the VIN is available to anyone with access to the Mercedes order system. If I recall correctly, it is called Netstar. Only the dealers can access it. My sales rep explained the system to me and let me look at the screens as he typed in the commands. For instance, we were able to see that my car was only the 4th or 5th SLK 55 to reach the US with the 030 package.

The sales reps have to study and take exams to move up in the system and earn additional access to higher levels of the computer system. If your salesman isn't able to access the production schedule for your car, press him to have the management access it for you. You should be present if you really want to know what is happening with your car.

They can find out where your car is on the production line, etc. Don't take 'no' for an answer. You guys are paying a pretty penny for these cars and it shouldn't be too much trouble for your salesman to give you first-class service.

Here it is: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/index.jsp

Enjoy!!

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:) Great information. It's got to be agonizing, wondering where you car is and due date. Good to hear from you.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,395 Posts
Good to hear from you reallife. This is an excellent tip.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mercedes in the drink

SLKman said:
An auto transport from japan is on it's side in the ocean right now with over 4800 autos on it.:eek:

Let's hope that never happens to a load of mercedes!!!! :)

http://freeinternetpress.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7739

Actually, a ship loaded with Mercedes did go to the bottom a few years ago. I forget the details but I'm pretty sure it was in the North Atlantic. I remember seeing a forum post on one of the other sites from someone who had a car on that ship. Most likely cause of this kind of disater is a poorly tied down load that shifts during a storm. Once that happens it is only a matter of time .....

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
reallife said:
Actually, a ship loaded with Mercedes did go to the bottom a few years ago. I forget the details but I'm pretty sure it was in the North Atlantic. I remember seeing a forum post on one of the other sites from someone who had a car on that ship. Most likely cause of this kind of disater is a poorly tied down load that shifts during a storm. Once that happens it is only a matter of time .....

You're not thinking of...

http://www.tricolorsalvage.com/pages/home.asp

.. this, are you?

·
Banned
696 Posts
reallife said:
It appears that there are many newbies on this site who may have ordered new SLKs and who might like to track their car as it is shipped over to the US or other countries.

My car came over on a ship owned by Wallenius Wilhemsen. Mercedes contracts with a couple of shippers but most of the cars are shipped by this company. Using the link listed below I was able to enter my VIN and track the car from the time it was assigned to WW for shipment. The link told me what ship it was on, when the ship left port, Bremerhaven in my case, and when the ship and my car reached Baltimore for delivery. It spent a week or so in Baltimore getting the Serius radio installed and then being transported to Illinois.

I hope this info is useful for someone. You'll have to roam around the site until you find "auto cargo" and then enter your VIN. It will give you the tracking info.

If you don't know your VIN, shame on your dealer rep. The dealers should be keeping you informed. Once your car clears production it is assigned a unique VIN and the VIN is available to anyone with access to the Mercedes order system. If I recall correctly, it is called Netstar. Only the dealers can access it. My sales rep explained the system to me and let me look at the screens as he typed in the commands. For instance, we were able to see that my car was only the 4th or 5th SLK 55 to reach the US with the 030 package.

The sales reps have to study and take exams to move up in the system and earn additional access to higher levels of the computer system. If your salesman isn't able to access the production schedule for your car, press him to have the management access it for you. You should be present if you really want to know what is happening with your car.

They can find out where your car is on the production line, etc. Don't take 'no' for an answer. You guys are paying a pretty penny for these cars and it shouldn't be too much trouble for your salesman to give you first-class service.

Here it is: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/index.jsp

Enjoy!!
Thanks for the information. BTW, Sharper Image offers a GPS tracking device that you can hide in your boot (trunk) that allows you to trace the location and speed of your car when someone else is at the wheel...via the Internet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.