Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Wow, that's gonna be hard. Anybody can find a VIN# off the internet. Good luck Ken! I hope you nab 'em

·
Registered
561 Posts
Your best luck is the IP address and Shipping address. You'll need to report it to the appropriate authority. I believe they do have a cyber crime unit....

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The address is out of St Petersburg Florida and not Virginia. It was a long shot, but thought maybe there could be a possible connection. Got hit for over $300 dollars!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,560 Posts
Get me the address and I will cross the Gandy Bridge and bust some legs! No Charge! Sorry Sulley.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I'd love to know who picked up the items from the address! What stinks is there isn't that much mark up in the stuff and then you get hit for the hard cost of the parts it wipes out weeks or the month's profit to cover it. I guess I should be glad it wasn't a larger order! Live and learn...

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,560 Posts
Can we start a collection to reimburse the store/you?

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Is there insurance against this type of stuff so SLKWorld can make a claim?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Wow that sucks Sulley. Some people are just scums, to me this seems below the belt.

Wish I could help. There must be something you can do that you have the shipping address.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Would asking for the 3 or 4 digit "security code" help prevent this? That means you have the card in your hands. Both me and wife have been hit before on 1 of our cards, bad spending in Mexico & Spain. It's a pain.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Shoot me the IP address - let me see what I can do with it. Sucks - I'm assuming you've looked at the server logs and can't tie it to a username?

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Would asking for the 3 or 4 digit "security code" help prevent this? That means you have the card in your hands. Both me and wife have been hit before on 1 of our cards, bad spending in Mexico & Spain. It's a pain.
This would be an added measure. Or Do not ship any item until payment has been cleared; this shouldn't delay the service by more than 1-2 days.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the positive responses. The payment was cleared before product sent. If I was in St Pete I would go to the address the product was shipped to. There isn't to my knowledge any insurance for something like this. We do collect the 3/4 digit security codes, but all data must have been stolen including the security code. I cross checked the forum and they were not a member of the forum. What makes it worse is that they actually called me to discuss some product questions. The phone number used on the order is now a fax, the number they called me from is disconnected, the email address worked and now bounces back. I did look up on the IP addresses (2 orders from 2 different IP addresses) one in Tampa and one in Jacksonville. The name the cell phone is registered to is a Hien Le. But is now disconnected. The name used to purchase was Dan Khola.

I appreciate the offer to reimburse, but it is my risk/reward I take in trying to build the store.

·
Registered
60 Posts
that really stinks buddy. I like to think the universe will respond to these mental midgets with some nasty Karma. I had a guy sideswipe the door of my beloved slk230 last week and I am sol with the 500 deductible. No note left nothing. These people are just losers and always will be. What really sucks is I'm sure you weren't the only one taken on this cc scam.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Thanks for the positive responses. The payment was cleared before product sent. If I was in St Pete I would go to the address the product was shipped to. There isn't to my knowledge any insurance for something like this. We do collect the 3/4 digit security codes, but all data must have been stolen including the security code. I cross checked the forum and they were not a member of the forum. What makes it worse is that they actually called me to discuss some product questions. The phone number used on the order is now a fax, the number they called me from is disconnected, the email address worked and now bounces back. I did look up on the IP addresses (2 orders from 2 different IP addresses) one in Tampa and one in Jacksonville. The name the cell phone is registered to is a Hien Le. But is now disconnected. The name used to purchase was Dan Khola.

I appreciate the offer to reimburse, but it is my risk/reward I take in trying to build the store.

My other half is an attorney here in Florida. Contact me and we can see if we can help.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,365 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
30 Posts
Dateline had a piece on identity theft last week that sounds like this scenario. Thieves have the card info, ship the goods to an address, and then either have someone intercept the goods before anyone gets home, or whomever lives there simply ships the goods to another address (in Nigeria). Almost impossible to trace. Good luck with that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.