Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I carded 2 more SLK's Fri night at the movies.

I usually leave the cards in the window seal on the driver door.

Not sure why there are not more members from Houston/Spring/Woodlands area?:(

I bet I have carded 50 cars since we originally got the SLKWorld cards.

Houston would be a GREAT place for an SLK Club! SLK's everywhere around here!

SLKman:tu:

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
That's awesome! I agree that an area as large as Houston we should have an SLK Club. I could always try to pull everyone that registered with a location Houston and email them to see if there is interest. I usually leave them in the same place, drivers side door window.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Agree, ton's of SLKs in Houston - I tried to card one outside Starbucks the other evening, but it was too far to walk in the 104F heat. ;-)

·
Premium Member
3,506 Posts
I carded 2 more SLK's Fri night at the movies.

I usually leave the cards in the window seal on the driver door.

Not sure why there are not more members from Houston/Spring/Woodlands area?:(

I bet I have carded 50 cars since we originally got the SLKWorld cards.

Houston would be a GREAT place for an SLK Club! SLK's everywhere around here!

SLKman:tu:
Not everyone wants to be a member of a club
"PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER".:biglaugh:
Groucho Marx

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
:) When I card cars, I usually scrawl a message on the reverse side to make it a bit more personal. I have to admit, I hate seeing a card stuck in my side window - usually means someone has scratched / bumped something!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I agree with the sentiments, but if I owned a niche car like the SLK and someone left a card that was specific to my car I wouldn't mind. It's not a solicitation for anything, but can prove to be a great resource for the owner. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
If it were on the windshield I would definitely be more offended as that's where I've gotten junk flyers before. On the drivers door window might be a bit more formal. I think you definitely need a personal message on the back. Otherwise you look like a car stalker freak! But then you have to cross the line between anonymous and leaving personal info. Dunno. SLK gods, help us :biglaugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.