Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.....Finally it went in to get evaluated for the NOS setup.

I'll let everyone know what the verdict is and when we will schedule to do the work.
I don't really understand all of the lingo but here is what was said we (Me and my shop) would like to try to do.

1. It will be direct port injected.
2. It will be a 75 shot but it will be able to go to a 100 shot maybe even a 150.........Something to do with the nozzles being interchangeable.
3. Were expecting to get mid 11's in the 1/4.
4. I may be the first R170 to break the 12 second mark in the 1/4.
5. It will be FRICKEN FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biglaugh:

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will be waiting to here the results

will you be getting this
or that :NX: both work very well for
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

I believe it will be NOS.

My shop called me today and they want to keep the car for another day.

We also have decided to make it as stealthy as possible so people will wonder where all of that power will be coming from.....Especially in the show ring.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,055 Posts
don't they already get smoked?

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:hail: :hail: a 32 with racing cams, pulleys, and ECU upgrade and then gets NOS :hail: :hail: . I wonder if Bill would be able to keep up with you in the 1/4 mile.

Only if he can run mid 11's.....:D

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok........Got the evaluation and it seems that there isn't enough room to do direct port injection as it would be too tight to try to get a nozzle in each cylinder.

(In the shop guys terminology):

We will probably do separate foggers, one per bank. This means that each side of the motor will get a spray nozzle and we will have two nozzles (One for each side of the motor) instead of 6 (One per cylinder). This is most common on the Corvettes and Vipers that he does.

We are also going to make this as stealthy as possible. I know that for the show ring you usually want elaborate but we don't want anyone seeing whats been done when they open the hood. This way everyone will wonder where all the power is coming from.

We won't be able to start the install for about a month as its getting warm outside and he has two race cars to finish before the season starts and then we can get to mine.

I'll keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Are you planning on owning your slk for long, if so, what mods have you done so that your engine can handle that nos buddy. Dont hurt your SLK!

·
Registered
95 Posts
hey where did you get your lsd from and how much? I am planning heavy suspension mods and I can't find a lsd for the SLK. It seems that you know what your doing with your car so what have you done to it to ensure the nos doesn't hurt your car?

·
Registered
605 Posts
If you've never driven a "squeezed" a car before, it's pretty damn amazing. My 4 speed olds 455cid had NOS and when I hit the button on slicks I could carry the front tires about 4-6 feet on launch. Without slicks the stock tires would just go up in smoke. The launch force while using racing slicks + NOS can be so strong it can make you dizzy. I can't even imagine what it would be like in a lot lighter car like an SLK.

Of course the 55 comes pretty close stock to my old 1/4m E.Ts so I guess I can't complain about missing it- once I get mine. There are a lot of hooks and cheats to get a half second or a little more so we'll see.

Good luck on the NOS install!

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you planning on owning your slk for long, if so, what mods have you done so that your engine can handle that nos buddy. Dont hurt your SLK!

My SLK is paid for so yes I will be keeping it for a while.

Look at my garage and you'll see all of the mods i have done.

As far as the NOS........I personally don't want anything more than a 75 shot and maybe 100 if nothing breaks with the 75 which I assume the 75 should be fine.

But we will set it up to take 150 shot nozzles but I'm not sure I will ever try to run a 150 shot.

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey where did you get your lsd from and how much? I am planning heavy suspension mods and I can't find a lsd for the SLK. It seems that you know what your doing with your car so what have you done to it to ensure the nos doesn't hurt your car?

My LSD came from Kleemann. You can not buy it in the USA.....We actually sent them my rear end and they machined the LSD for me as a "One of a Kind" at least here in the USA.

Rumor has it that Quaife makes one for the SLK but not sure if anyone has it or knows anyone who has actually done it.

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also.....My NOS setup will be RPM actuated. All I have to do is turn it on.

It should start spraying at around 3000 rpm and stop at 500 rpm before redline.

We will also link it to the ESP so when i turn it on the ESP will automatically turn off.

Still waiting for my shop to call me and let me know that they are ready for my car.

Will keep everyone updated.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Tungster- the ultimate mod guru :hail:

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got an update for us?

I had a 35 shot on my Lotus Elise. What a blast!

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got an update for us?

I had a 35 shot on my Lotus Elise. What a blast!

Just called my shop and they are closed this week.

I know that they are busy and tryin to get all of the cars out of their shop so they can concentrate on mine. But its has been a while......:eek:(

What else can I do??

Will let everyone know when I drop the car off.

Hopefully not too much longer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.