Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using meguiars gold class to wash my car and it is a great product. Every time I would wash my car, friends would say it looks good, but then again what can you do, its a merc - it has excellent paint already. So, I usually didn't get any comments on how great the car wash was so I decided to try some new products. I stuck with the meguiars gold class, but, after washing the car with it, I also used the Turtle Wax Liquid Clay Bar. After I had finished using the liquid clay bar, I waxed it using meguiars high tech wax. As soon as I was done, my dad walks out of the house, see's me car and immediately goes - what the hell did you do to your car? It looks so good- im grabbing the camera. Following that, my friends one by one were stunned how my car was looking, and it made me happy. So, im guessing its the liquid clay bar, everyone should try it out.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Nice work McFaisal. :tu: It'll be more stunning to wax/seal the car after the liquid clay bar.

Thanks for that, i.e., Liquid Clay Bar, as I use the ol' traditional clay bar and lubricant.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Six Hun-ARD! (Say it like the rappers!)

It needs limo blackout tint! Then it will matcht the boat in the distance. Fire the boat designer for those ugly verticle windows choping up the flow!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
Try Meguir's Clay bar, the real clay bar still works better than liquid claybars (but much more work). Meguir's NXT wax is really nice!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Perhaps a new idea?

By way of introduction, I am one of the moderators on the Mercedes Benz Club of America forum in the area of detailing. I've got a couple of products to recommend for car wax time. After a winter like this, I will first clay bar the car using A LOT of lubricant. I've got a clay bar pad on my ROB, but on a car this small, it shouldn't take that long by hand, IF you are liberal with the lube. If you have any badly visible scratches or swirls, use a ROB and polish on those areas. Then, I use a product called AutoGlym Radiant Wax Polish, which is really a filler-sealant-glaze. Then, I apply AutoGlym hard wax, which is just what the name implies.

If you have never heard of AutoGlym products before, know that they are made in England and are endorsed by Rolls Royce, Aston Martin, and so on. They are also endorsed by the Royal Family. These products are very easy to apply and buff off. You won't find them at your local car parts store. They are sold here in the US mainly to body shops. So ask your friend in this business to get some for you. Not expensive. A one liter container of each will cost from $25 to $30.

I give all of my vehicles this treatment in the fall, and it lasts all winter, until I can detail them again. I was introduced to these products by a friend who owns a certified Mercedes body shop here. It is good, it is easy, and it lasts. What more do you want?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts